P1000 PK1000 Linkage (Mode) Binding/Stiff.

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas
Have been using & enjoying my PK1 for a couple of months now. Has just short of 200 miles (1st 100 mile service has been done) on it. It has proven it self quite well while surveying a new property that has a wide range of terrain. The trips have consisted of travel on dirt county roads for 2 - 5 miles & then the rest off road on all kinds of terrain that has been wet w/ all the rain w/ creeks to cross & steep inclines to climb - all w/ no issues.
For the commute on the roads or even on the improved oil well roads on the property I leave it in Turf Mode & use the 4X4 mode when off the improved roads. All w/ no issue till today. Did notice the shifter was stiff when attempting to put it back in Turf Mode before driving on the road & it continued to get more stiff when trying to switch between Turf & 4X4 as the day went but it would still go into the desired setting.
At the end of today while rinsing it off I raised the bed as well as pulled the seat to look for anything obvious but could not find anything. Looked underneath the unit & for now did not see anything such as a tree limb or other debris hanging or any other noticeable damage. The main shifter (P,R,N,etc) works as normal but the mode shifter is what has suddenly stiffened up.
If anyone has experienced this & has a suggestion please pass along. Yes the unit is under warranty but really hate to take it in right now, need it to finish this project but do not want to destroy anything either. My other reservation is my local dealership where I bought it always seem to have a 1 - 2 week back log. Took over a week for the 1st service..
Thanks.

Reactions: dotman1
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have been using & enjoying my PK1 for a couple of months now. Has just short of 200 miles (1st 100 mile service has been done) on it. It has proven it self quite well while surveying a new property that has a wide range of terrain. The trips have consisted of travel on dirt county roads for 2 - 5 miles & then the rest off road on all kinds of terrain that has been wet w/ all the rain w/ creeks to cross & steep inclines to climb - all w/ no issues.
For the commute on the roads or even on the improved oil well roads on the property I leave it in Turf Mode & use the 4X4 mode when off the improved roads. All w/ no issue till today. Did notice the shifter was stiff when attempting to put it back in Turf Mode before driving on the road & it continued to get more stiff when trying to switch between Turf & 4X4 as the day went but it would still go into the desired setting.
At the end of today while rinsing it off I raised the bed as well as pulled the seat to look for anything obvious but could not find anything. Looked underneath the unit & for now did not see anything such as a tree limb or other debris hanging or any other noticeable damage. The main shifter (P,R,N,etc) works as normal but the mode shifter is what has suddenly stiffened up.
If anyone has experienced this & has a suggestion please pass along. Yes the unit is under warranty but really hate to take it in right now, need it to finish this project but do not want to destroy anything either. My other reservation is my local dealership where I bought it always seem to have a 1 - 2 week back log. Took over a week for the 1st service..
Thanks.
I'm having trouble with p r n h l but I've noticed the throttle cable sticking just enough to make things tight. It wasn't enough to even leave the rpm up but a toe tap back sets it fine. It might be in the peddle spring...as for yours seems like awhile back I heard of someone having trouble maybe it's an easy fix

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!