1. 1000-5
DNC platform (part)
  • Min wage to $15 hour + right to form a union no matter where they work
  • Expanding incentives to remove barriers to build affordable housing
    • Modernizing credit reporting
    • Federal neighborhood stabilization program
  • Wealthy paying their fair share
    • Establish multimillionaire surtax
  • Puerto Rico - allow them to vote for President (currently they don't because they are not a state and they don't pay federal income tax)
  • Secure Statehood for Washington DC
  • FIx the census - apparently improve counting segments of the population that are historically and persistently undercounted, specifically communities of color, immigrants, LGBT people, young children, those with disabilities, and rural and low-income populations.
  • 50 percent of our electricity from clean energy sources within a decade (nuclear - not clean i guess)
  • Democrats believe that carbon dioxide, methane, and other greenhouse gases should be priced to reflect their negative externalities, and to accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy
  • Making Debt-Free College a Reality
  • Guaranteeing Universal Preschool
  • Democrats believe that health care is a right, not a privilege, and our health care system should put people before profits
  • Expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy;
  • Closing Guantánamo Bay - I thought Pres Obama did that.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
DNC platform (part)
  • Min wage to $15 hour + right to form a union no matter where they work
  • Expanding incentives to remove barriers to build affordable housing
    • Modernizing credit reporting
    • Federal neighborhood stabilization program
  • Wealthy paying their fair share
    • Establish multimillionaire surtax
  • Puerto Rico - allow them to vote for President (currently they don't because they are not a state and they don't pay federal income tax)
  • Secure Statehood for Washington DC
  • FIx the census - apparently improve counting segments of the population that are historically and persistently undercounted, specifically communities of color, immigrants, LGBT people, young children, those with disabilities, and rural and low-income populations.
  • 50 percent of our electricity from clean energy sources within a decade (nuclear - not clean i guess)
  • Democrats believe that carbon dioxide, methane, and other greenhouse gases should be priced to reflect their negative externalities, and to accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy
  • Making Debt-Free College a Reality
  • Guaranteeing Universal Preschool
  • Democrats believe that health care is a right, not a privilege, and our health care system should put people before profits
  • Expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy;
  • Closing Guantánamo Bay - I thought Pres Obama did that.
Bullet point 9 has some merit, not saying free, just balance the scholar ship program to include White & non traditional White students, my son was a nontraditional White student and got 0 help, my wife and I made car, health insurance, car insurance payments, bought groceries and helped pay tuition and he still ended up with a $ 70,000.00 + student loan for an engineering degree that he finished in 4 years. If he had been a man of color or a single woman with children, we would have gotten help. We were coming out of the recession and had to scrap for every penny to help him, but that's what responsible parents do. Somethings screwed up bad. It will take years to pay off his student loans. My soap box just broke so?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have always wondered if race isn't important then why do most applications have a section describing what race you are. Supposedly race isn't supposed to matter.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have always wondered if race isn't important then why do most applications have a section describing what race you are. Supposedly race isn't supposed to matter.
It should only matter for health reasons. Because things can be different health wise for different races. Other than that it shouldn't matter. Until everyone in this country quits using race for everything, race relations will never get better. I'm sick of hearing all this race s*** on the news. Race and COVID-19!. Fear and hate is all the media is selling.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
FU€K CNN and anyone who watches it. And yes I mean that 100%
That hurt, I try to watch CNN around 15 minutes daily. I want to know my enemy. You would be amazed the BS that comes out of their mouths that people believe. By watching some of this it gives me the the upper hand in conversations with liberal people i know to prove what they heard is BS on CNN. I really enjoy proving liberals wrong.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bullet point 9 has some merit, not saying free, just balance the scholar ship program to include White & non traditional White students, my son was a nontraditional White student and got 0 help, my wife and I made car, health insurance, car insurance payments, bought groceries and helped pay tuition and he still ended up with a $ 70,000.00 + student loan for an engineering degree that he finished in 4 years. If he had been a man of color or a single woman with children, we would have gotten help. We were coming out of the recession and had to scrap for every penny to help him, but that's what responsible parents do. Somethings screwed up bad. It will take years to pay off his student loans. My soap box just broke so?
WTF is nontraditional white?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
70,000.00 in student loans is a drop in the bucket. Try being a white male doctor these days!

advertisement