P500 Plexiglass or Lexan Roof

M

mhhman

May 10, 2017
Monroe, UT
Ownership

1. 500
I'm new to the forum and just purchased 2017 P5. While looking for a roofs, I found SuperATV has a plexiglass tinted roof for the P1000. Has anyone had any first hand experience with this type of roof. I think it would be great to see out and not get sun burn or wet. Any thoughts?

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
No experience with this type of roof, but here are some of my initial thoughts:

- An opaque roof provides true sunblock and hides items stored there. It can get hot behind plexy, but not sure how much the tint will lower that.
- I go through allot of tree/brush branches that slide over the top of the roof, which will scratch a plexy one. It would look fairly ugly in a short time on the trails we ride.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
seems like a cool idea until you ride through the trails and it gets scratched up so bad you cant see through it, or a tree limb breaks it and it cracks. but i dont know how much trail riding you do in UT. Also i would be iffy on buying plexiglass for a utv. Factory Windshields use polycarbonate because it is softer than plexiglass. meaning it will give a little more and not shatter all over you should something smash into it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!