Plow mount and winch

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
Just ordered a plow kit from http://northstaratv.com/ They are Eagle plows.
part number 2838 for the plow mount.
here are a couple photos of the plow mount. They come painted black. Price $110.00
20131113 130258 zpsd1d806a1

20131113 130321 zpsb52ccd15

And here is there winch mount. These are the pre production units. Price $60.00 part number 1838 for the winch mount.
20131113 110842 zpsb7858b7c

20131113 110827 zpsd4d580ba

He said these should be in the catalog on line next week.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Interesting.... candidly, I'm not a fan of the way the winch mount attaches with U bolts, however, I do like the plow mount. Do you know if there is any drilling required on the Pioneer frame for the plow mount? Thanks for sharing.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Thanks for the info!

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
I don't care for the winch mount eather. I ordered the plow setup with a 72" plow.
I'll let you know when I get it. I will post photos of the install. The plow mount looks very heavy made.

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont like plow mount, I would want to remove it during the summer months because it sticks out so. Seems like they could make on that would not interfere with the skid plate, But I've never really looked at them. They all may be that way in some way or another.

Winch plate looks like it should go below the bar. I did not think there was enough room between the 2 bars for a winch.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
bfair said:
I don't care for the winch mount eather. I ordered the plow setup with a 72" plow.
I'll let you know when I get it. I will post photos of the install. The plow mount looks very heavy made.

Bfair,

Did you also go with the universal front mount ($199) and a 72" standard eagle plow ($250)?

The total cost is amazing for a complete 72" plow kit ($ 559) Vs Honda / Warn ($1200)

Did they give you an order lead time / delivery time?

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
fishin2Dmax said:
bfair said:

Bfair,

Did you also go with the universal front mount ($199) and a 72" standard eagle plow ($250)?

The total cost is amazing for a complete 72" plow kit ($ 559) Vs Honda / Warn ($1200)

Did they give you an order lead time / delivery time?

They said it would ship next Tuesday or Wednesday and it would come FEDX. They said I should have it buy the next Monday or Tuesday.
I got the mount for the pioneer not the universal. The push tube and 72" plow.

W

Wood4502

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
I looked on there website and could not find the plow mount any help would be great thanks. Not wanting to go with the overpriced honda plow.

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
Wood4502 said:
I looked on there website and could not find the plow mount any help would be great thanks. Not wanting to go with the overpriced honda plow.
The phone number to contact them 763 444 9225 hope this helps.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Lets keep this going, I want 54" snow plow and mounts for my 700M2 any info greatly appreciated. I've been researching this but new to this equipment and think there is a learning curve you can help me with. I like the eagle plows great pricing. Thanks
" Sling some mudd"

advertisement
Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
duwops70014, I would caution getting a 54 inch plow for your pioneer.. isnt the machine 60 inches wide? I would not do less than a 66 inch, and in fact, I am going with a 72 inch

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
You're right Jerry, brain fart I'm on pain killers full time. It takes me forever to decide something I'm always having to check and recheck things. Thanks for the heads up!

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
duwops70014 said:
Lets keep this going, I want 54" snow plow and mounts for my 700M2 any info greatly appreciated. I've been researching this but new to this equipment and think there is a learning curve you can help me with. I like the eagle plows great pricing. Thanks
" Sling some mudd"

Just curious why you'd want a 54" plow when the width of the pioneer (outside of wheels) is just over 60" ? You must have some special need or application for the narrow plow width ? I use my Honda Rancher's mounted 50" blade (44" angled) on sidewalks and plan to use the Pioneer 72" ( 64" at angle) to clear my drive and roads. Ideally, the blade needs to be wide enough to clear the width of the wheels (straight or at angle) to keep the plow from snow pushing up under the tires.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I just forgot that the unit width is 60" I was thinking 50" for some dumb reason. Now it will be at least 64". I put a 2500lb winch on and was trying to think minimal width for winch size. I didnt mind shoveling snow but I can't do that any more. Last winter my wife and son had to take on the chore and they decided it to be easier to hack at drive instead of shovel action. So I better get a plow for the task or I will soon be repaving the drive, you no" you can lead a horse to water but you can't make'em drink"

Z

zabre67

Dec 15, 2013
I don't care for that winch mount either. I purchased a KFI 4500U WIDE WINCH and KFI MOUNT PLATE. I also have ordered side mirrors and a rear view. I am interested in the plow mount as KFI doesn't have even a prototype at this point. CYCLE COUNTRY will have one available 01/01/2014 at

http://www.promarkoffroad.com/cycle-cou ... -2014.html.

I personally am not a fan of cycle country since they are no longer made in America. I will post pics of my winch setup and mirror install this week.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Moose supposedly has a belly mount out now for the pioneer if your interested, not sure of part number, but I was told one is on the way for me

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I was originally planning to go with the cycle country plow system, but changed my mind. I decided to do a Johnny Cash version of piecing together a Warn plow system for under a $1000, with winch. I used the Honda OEM plow mount (a Warn made mount that is not available direct from Warn), Warn universal Provantage UTV push tube from Amazon, and a 72" warn plow purchased locally. For the winch, I went the KFI winch mount and a Warn Provantage / Cabela's trail vantage 4200 lb winch (on sale $249) - The only thing not made by Warn is the KFI winch mounting plate.

$150 "Honda / Warn" pioneer plow mount - local Honda dealer
$280 Warn UTV universal Push Tube - from Amazon
$299 72" Warn plow - local ATV / UTV accessories retailer
$629 Total for Plow System = exact same Warn pro-vantage Plow system local Honda dealers are asking $1200 (non- installed)

$249 Cabela's Trail vantage (Warn) 4200
$59 KFI Winch mount
$308 Total for Winch system

Now all I need is some new snow to try it out. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!