E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got back in the house after 3 hours of plowing snow. It was 0* when I started and it is 0* now. The P1k-3 is definitely up to the task but even with a solid front and rear windshield..... I "NEED" doors! I have a 6' Moose plow and definitely need to change the winch cable from steel to synthetic as I have snapped it twice raising and lowering the plow.

Now what I wish is that some of you Southern boys and girls that "play" with your Pioneers, had the chance to really put them to work and could see what a real workhorse of a machine they are. They are an amazing machine and really fit the bill as an all around machine.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Yup! Totally agree. The good news is, that's exactly what I bought it for, and it hasn't let me down.

Reactions: Plumber32
PAoutdoor

PAoutdoor

Jun 7, 2018
Cogan Station
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got back in the house after 3 hours of plowing snow. It was 0* when I started and it is 0* now. The P1k-3 is definitely up to the task but even with a solid front and rear windshield..... I "NEED" doors! I have a 6' Moose plow and definitely need to change the winch cable from steel to synthetic as I have snapped it twice raising and lowering the plow.

Now what I wish is that some of you Southern boys and girls that "play" with your Pioneers, had the chance to really put them to work and could see what a real workhorse of a machine they are. They are an amazing machine and really fit the bill as an all around machine.

How do you like the Moose plow? What kind of winch do you have? I just purchased a warn provantage winch, but now need to get a plow.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The plow has worked very well for me.
I have the 4500# Warn ProVantage winch and just changed the steel cable to synthetic so I'm go to go!

PAoutdoor

PAoutdoor

Jun 7, 2018
Cogan Station
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The plow has worked very well for me.
I have the 4500# Warn ProVantage winch and just changed the steel cable to synthetic so I'm go to go!

Good to know! Do you have the RM4 front mount or the HD mid mount for the plow? I read somewhere on this forum that Dennis Kirk did not recommend RM4 mount for the 1000’s.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good to know! Do you have the RM4 front mount or the HD mid mount for the plow? I read somewhere on this forum that Dennis Kirk did not recommend RM4 mount for the 1000’s.

Mid mount.

Reactions: PAoutdoor

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!