Polaris ride command app

C

Chooglin

I just downloaded this app a few days ago. Of all the trail apps I have tried , this has to be the most user friendly.

I like the group ride feature , this could be very useful if you get separated from your group (provided you have a signal)

It has many trail maps you can download from all states !

I am a bit concerned that my phone or p500 could catch fire while using it , we shall see though !

Check it out
https://ridecommand.polaris.com/en-us/landing-pages/ORVLandingPage

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just downloaded this app a few days ago. Of all the trail apps I have tried , this has to be the most user friendly.

I like the group ride feature , this could be very useful if you get separated from your group (provided you have a signal)

It has many trail maps you can download from all states !

I am a bit concerned that my phone or p500 could catch fire while using it , we shall see though !

Check it out
https://ridecommand.polaris.com/en-us/landing-pages/ORVLandingPage
So basically it tells where you've been, trail map and where your friends are if I'm understanding correctly? Seems pretty cool if only I had friends to ride with! How much did it cost?

Reactions: JTW and sharp
C

Chooglin

So basically it tells where you've been, trail map and where your friends are if I'm understanding correctly? Seems pretty cool if only I had friends to ride with! How much did it cost?
It was free.........it will track your trail and set way points.

The group ride feature:
Each person in the group chooses a color they want to be identified as , put your name in. Everyone within the group can identify you and your location!

Reactions: Tigermark
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
It was free.........it will track your trail and set way points.

The group ride feature:
Each person in the group chooses a color they want to be identified as , put your name in. Everyone within the group can identify you and your location!
Sweet I'm going to get it then. Thanks for bringing this up

Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Motion x has a similar feature it isn't as pretty though. I have used this app and didn't like that when I lost signal and reconnected, it just drew a straight line from the last signal to the reconnection point. Kinda kills the point of tracking a trail... it could be great with some more polishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and Tflynn
advertisement
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Another cool feature is it will allow you to pair your phone with the screen in your RZR or Ranger or even your Indian street bike and you have all that info on a 7" touch screen that is super bright so you can read it in daylight.

Oh, sorry wrong forum.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Another cool feature is it will allow you to pair your phone with the screen in your RZR or Ranger or even your Indian street bike and you have all that info on a 7" touch screen that is super bright so you can read it in daylight.

Oh, sorry wrong forum.
Very funny, true though huh?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
"What do you mean funny, funny how? How is it funny? Tell me, tell me what's funny!"

lol sorry thought it fit
I understand the sensitivities towards other brands around these parts, I do walk sofetly. Just know that for every time I comment, there's ten times I bit my tongue, so I am trying. Be patient with the weakness of the flesh, lol. :D:D:D:D

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I understand the sensitivities towards other brands around these parts, I do walk sofetly. Just know that for every time I comment, there's ten times I bit my tongue, so I am trying. Be patient with the weakness of the flesh, lol. :D:D:D:D
Come on, sensitive? It's all good. Ball busting has to be a part of it all, makes things interesting. If some says "Screw you guys, I'm going home" You kind of have to bust'em on that then also. LOL

Furthermore, I'll take my underpowered amish buggy and head for a not so steep incline that isn't above 8000ft while shaking the crap out of my kidneys with my front shocks bottoming and head home with my tail between my legs If have to. I just hope a low branch won't clip my extra tall for some reason ROPS bar if I forget to bring the Stihl or I'll have to turn around and come back. Other than that I'll know I'll make it because I've got no belt to burn and yes because it's a Honda. ;) ( I think I covered about all of the 700's deficiency's LOL)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Come on, sensitive? It's all good. Ball busting has to be a part of it all, makes things interesting. If some says "Screw you guys, I'm going home" You kind of have to bust'em on that then also. LOL

Furthermore, I'll take my underpowered amish buggy and head for a not so steep incline that isn't above 8000ft while shaking the crap out of my kidneys with my front shocks bottoming and head home with my tail between my legs If have to. I just hope a low branch won't clip my extra tall for some reason ROPS bar if I forget to bring the Stihl or I'll have to turn around and come back. Other than that I'll know I'll make it because I've got no belt to burn and yes because it's a Honda. ;) ( I think I covered about all of the 700's deficiency's LOL)
Nope, you missed the hideous location for the cup/beer holder. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JTW and QuadMan747
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
dang it, I really hate it when a "Polaris guy" gets me. (angry face) LOL
Now that's just not fair. I've got a Honda Pineer 500, a Honda Pioneer 700, and I'm considering trading in my Polaris on a Honda Pioneer 1000! I may be more a Honda guy than you. But I cannot apologize for having a Polaris that's never been towed back home. :):):)

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I may be more a Honda guy than you. :):):)

Ahh BS, your one of the Polaris transplants, I know it. j/k

Whoa boy, Whoa! (old guy voice) I have 3 Honda's now, had a Honda ATC 70 "back in 78, when it wasn't cool and I was a whipper snapper, what ever that may be, I was 6 LOL, lets see (2) 200X's 85 and an 87 (last year of the 200x), an 88 250x, 2nd year it was made, (2) 300EX's, 01 400EX w bug eyes, an 82? XR200, 2 CRF 100's, an 02 XR50, 2 CR250's 91 maybe and a 95, CR85 05. I'm sure I missed a few.

In all honesty I can say I've owned almost all manufacturers, even a Polaris Scrambler 90, which I liked. Honda and Yamaha being my 2 go to's.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!