P500 Portal hubs on P5?! Is it possible?!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Bastardchild , I’m not sure how I missed this:eek: Very Impressive!:cool: Love the videos! Keep ‘em coming;)

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Bastardchild , I’m not sure how I missed this:eek: Very Impressive!:cool: Love the videos! Keep ‘em coming;)
Thank you sir! I plan on it. Its just gonna be about another 3 weeks to a month before i can go on a ride and really test it. But i will be post pics or videos if i get to. Thanks for watching btw!! :)

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thank you sir! I plan on it. Its just gonna be about another 3 weeks to a month before i can go on a ride and really test it. But i will be post pics or videos if i get to. Thanks for watching btw!! :)
Subscribed:D

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Btw, P700-4 upper balljoints are not the answer. I guess i gotta get one of those reamers. Thats funny considering these are made for the 700-4 and the 700-4 balljoints wont go in. I wonder if they changed balljoint size from one year to the next and utvsolutions welded in the wrong balljoint bungs? Oh well.

20180304 144554 20180304 144602 20180304 144607

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Bastardchild started a new craze , this one is on facebook!

View attachment 67995 View attachment 67996 View attachment 67997
Haha! Yeah Choogs me and him have been texting back and forth on and off all morning. I told him about hondasxs.com and i told him about the Pioneer Takeover. He said he'll try to see if he can make it. I told him it would be cool to have 2 P500s on portals at the takeover. Maybe he'll become a member. He seems like a nice guy. He's a welder by trade, so i bet hes got all kinds of mods up his sleeves he could share. Thanks for the shoutout @Chooglin! :) btw, he's running 35's also!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ya I seen that he had 35's , I assume he had to move his a-arms forward also ?
No he hasnt moved his a-arms forward yet. I guess he caught wind somewhere that i moved mine forwards, so thats one of the things he was asking me when we were texting. He wanted to know how i did it and i explained it to him, but i also told him about my youtube channel shows how i did it, and told him everything i have ever done to my P5 is documented on hondasxs.com

advertisement
P

P5Outlaw

May 4, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Hi I'm new here. Nice build on the portals! Definitely makes me wanna save and get some now. Btw could anyone accept me into the Facebook group? I've been trying to get in for 2 days now. Really like all the activity in there. Thanks!

Geezer

Geezer

Jul 1, 2020
Crystal River
Ownership

1. 500
Newbie here, greetings from crystal river, hey bastardchild I’d like ta ask you a cpl questions if I may, did you pull the spark arrestor out of your muffler befor you snorkeled it? Have you had any failures with the clutch or drive line? Would you go with a lower gear in the portals if you did it again? Sorry ta be a pain , lol , took most of the day ta get in here n ask questions. Thanks geez

Last edited:
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No prob. I left the spark arrestor in the muffler. If you dig around on here you can see everything Ive done to my P5 if you wanted to copy. You can also look up my YouTube channel. Its 'PhukDup MudClub' on there. Ive never had any issues with the clutch, I only recall having to adjust the clutch once, and thats simple on the P5. Never had an issue with the driveline as far as driveshafts and the front and rear diff are concerned. I broke axles from time to time just like anybody else. The 6" portals I got from utvsolutions.net only had the 32% reduction available at the time. Not sure what they have available now. If they had lower gear options though I would have went lower. I would go with the SuperATV portals if I were to do it again, simply because of the warranty. I broke the output shaft on the drivers side front portal and they sent me a free one, but told me any future breaks will cost me $125 per output shaft. Well, I broke both side output shafts on the front one weekend a few months later. I just took the portals off completely and put it back on my little 30s. Ive since sold the P5 and I still got the portals in the shed with broken output shafts on the front boxes. Ive still got the 35s also. I was saving them for a future P700 build, but I think my next toy will be something different. Any more questions just ask! Have a good one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!