Power Steering

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
After market power steering is in the market for the Pioneer. Should be out in 3-4 weeks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Good, I think I will be adding this to my Christmas list for this year. Be nice to have. Especially for the tough trails.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
I think it'll be a pretty nice option.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
It's amazing how nice it drives with the power steering.

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What company is going to be offering it?

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
They ended up not having the right parts so I don't know if they will make it in the future or not.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
kyhunter said:
They ended up not having the right parts so I don't know if they will make it in the future or not.
accessories-and-modifications-f48/installed-electronic-power-steering-honda-pioneer-t632.html
Not sure why they couldn't do the same as what I did. I used the unit from a 2008 Polaris Ranger and made it fit. The bracket to mount the unit had to be modified, I used the u joints that goes onto the unit itself and the other ends were from the Honda. I had to cut the Honda's shaft and weld the polaris ends onto one end of the Honda's shaft. I'm not sure why u joints can't be made to work especially if there building and selling a bunch ???

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
slowdryrider said:
kyhunter said:
Not sure why they couldn't do the same as what I did. I used the unit from a 2008 Polaris Ranger and made it fit. The bracket to mount the unit had to be modified, I used the u joints that goes onto the unit itself and the other ends were from the Honda. I had to cut the Honda's shaft and weld the polaris ends onto one end of the Honda's shaft. I'm not sure why u joints can't be made to work especially if there building and selling a bunch ???

Was thinking the same thing.

advertisement
W

waterboy1

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I e-mailed super ATV on the power steering yesterday and the response was they have tried and can't make it work

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
waterboy1 said:
I e-mailed super ATV on the power steering yesterday and the response was they have tried and can't make it work
Send them Slow's link. Or maybe he should just start his own company...

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
DG Rider said:
waterboy1 said:
Send them Slow's link. ..
I was thinking that they would have a easier time of making it fit,they have better access to metal bending stuff etc: I just have a big vise and big hammer. [ Heck if they need help figuring it out, they can PM me.] ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!