Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've done intake and exhaust work and tried a Dobeck tuner. It may have helped the low end slightly but in competitive racing my friends stock P700, we are still even.

There are some people that have done custom turbo jobs and make a big difference.

I have only heard of but never known someone to try a bore kit and high compression piston and cam. Some say that reliability declines when using aftermarket bore kits, cams, and Pistons.

Joe

Reactions: Gator
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
"I've done intake and exhaust work and tried a Dobeck tuner. It may have helped the low end slightly but in competitive racing my friends stock P700, we are still even."

This says a lot.

J

Jackdelfino

Sep 21, 2015
"I've done intake and exhaust work and tried a Dobeck tuner. It may have helped the low end slightly but in competitive racing my friends stock P700, we are still even."

This says a lot.
Thanks for the info I live in northern ca. So I've learned that you can't buy anything after market because of the smog laws.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I raced HondaSXS last week. His pioneer had 26" tires and I've got 28" tires. From zero to 40 mph he was ahead by 3-4 vehicle lengths.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I raced HondaSXS last week. His pioneer had 26" tires and I've got 28" tires. From zero to 40 mph he was ahead by 3-4 vehicle lengths.

You also have a roof and mid panel and rear panel acting like a sail in the wind.

Every tried to move a sheet of plywood on a slightly windy day.

Pulling my 700 behind my truck with the full cab on it was like having a drag chute behind me.

Just a thought with only 38HP thats a BIG difference when you add it in with the taller tires.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the info I live in northern ca. So I've learned that you can't buy anything after market because of the smog laws.
I also live in northern ca. And from what I understand you can add whatever you want you just can't add whatever you want AND drive on the street. The only thing I've found with a CA restriction is the tuner and all it says is you can't operate it on the road. Should have zero legal issues with intake and exhaust, I haven't.

J

Jackdelfino

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the info. Did the intake and exuah

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the info. Did the intake and exuah
Your message got cut off for some reason but I'll take a stab in the dark and assume you were going to ask if the intake and exhaust helped. Yes it did. I am running a yoshimura pipe and k&n intake and I definitely notice a difference. I did a write up on the k&n, search "k&n intake " in the 700 accessories and modifications forum if you're interested in reading about it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!