P700 Problem solved - squeezing my Pioneer into a Featherlight!

MTotten

MTotten

May 6, 2016
Marshfield Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Might look goofy, but I came up with an answer on how I was going to fit 81" of Honda into a 75" tall Featherlight [HASHTAG]#adaptandovercome[/HASHTAG]

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Im laughin cuz pimpin aint easy....but I also have an enclosed trailer I wanted to make my toy box but the pioneer was too tall. Thought about defalting but haven't got that far.

This would do it....what are the wheels? I find plenty of 4 x100 but very few 4x110.

Reactions: MTotten and ghost
MTotten

MTotten

May 6, 2016
Marshfield Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
There dolly wheels from Harbor Freight. I made a braket, I'm on the road, but will post pics of brackets and close up soon!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Interested to see if the bracket allowed it to pull it's own weight.
Currently, it doesn't look as such.

But I bet it does... Awesome job thinking outside the box.

Hope you don't mind.. I edited the title for better searching results.

Reactions: MTotten
MTotten

MTotten

May 6, 2016
Marshfield Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Interested to see if the bracket allowed it to pull it's own weight.
Currently, it doesn't look as such.

But I bet it does... Awesome job thinking outside the box.

Hope you don't mind.. I edited the title for better searching results.
Edit was good to me. Brackets are off at shop getting cleaned up and powder coated, will get pics first of week of bracket and detail. Yes it does pull itself, but we actually did this to manually wench into trailer and manually roll out. A arms will be setting on 4x4 blocks during transit. Only made it to power if we needed some help.

MTotten

MTotten

May 6, 2016
Marshfield Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I really like this idea. Waiting for more pics.
Here is the sample ones I tried, the new ones are a little more beefy and ALOT more welding.
This will get you an idea. The rears are the same but we welded a rod to the side of the axle, then just plasma cut a hole thru the wheel. Like i said, this is not a perfected answer, but it is looking like it will do the trick. I will keep you all posted!
Ps: I did use spacers on the studs before I slid this on to clear the center hub. (4) 5/8-11 nuts worked perfect

Last edited:
advertisement
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Nice. Did you use the 10" or the 13" wheel/tire ? I'm loving the idea. This is exactly what I tell people thin outside the box and share. What size bolt you use ? 5/8 ?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
That has to be in the running for most radical mod.

MTotten

MTotten

May 6, 2016
Marshfield Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice. Did you use the 10" or the 13" wheel/tire ? I'm loving the idea. This is exactly what I tell people thin outside the box and share. What size bolt you use ? 5/8 ?
5/8 Bolt. I'll double check tire size tonight, but I believe it was a 13"

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah, really wish the 700 wasn't so tall. My buddy has a 1000 and it's shorter than my 700, plus has a nicer flat roof instead of the sawtooth 700 roof.

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Wait until you want lift and bigger tires, it only gets taller..

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
LMAO that's great deffinantly an attention getter. I had the clearance issue with my can am shocks, 28.5 tires and the roof on. I took the rear roof clamps and flipped them over and drilled new holes into the center clamp brackets. Before anyone says anthing yes the holes aren't aligned perfectly. I suck at drilling and it was 1 am sunday morning. Now the center of the roof sits against the rollbar and the rear sits on top of the rear seat belt mounting plates.
. 20160626 002144

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!