P1000 Problem starting my dipstick. true story!

Scb888

Scb888

Mar 1, 2017
Kansas City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, been fighting my dipstick for too long. Does the dipstick sit flush with the machined surface when it is in correctly?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, been fighting my dipstick for too long. Does the dipstick sit flush with the machined surface when it is in correctly?

Yes if not in correct it throws oil everywhere

Reactions: GlockMeister
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, I have tried over and over. Feel really stupid, and pissed off...Going to have a beer, then try again.

Can you post a couple pics, maybe that will help us figure out the problem

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, I have tried over and over. Feel really stupid, and pissed off...Going to have a beer, then try again.

The dip stick has to between the gears and components, it's is a very small area lined up perfectly. Try pulling in out and sliding it's in,if it's not right in will pull t he dip stick crooked, the round plug that the stick is attached to will help act as a guide, the flat surface should be square with the top on the seating surface the cap.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
P

When you drop in in poke around, when it's lined up, it will almost Fall in don't force anything going in, you should be able to feel it.

J

JTW

The dip stick has to between the gears and components, it's is a very small area lined up perfectly. Try pulling in out and sliding it's in,if it's not right in will pull t he dip stick crooked, the round plug that the stick is attached to will help act as a guide, the flat surface should be square with the top on the seating surface the cap.
P

When you drop in in poke around, when it's lined up, it will almost Fall in don't force anything going in, you should be able to feel it.
Well, that sounded all sexual!!

Reactions: Jshell3
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

play with it a little that's all it takes. I like screwing mine it now after I figured it out.

J

Jshell3

I'm not gonna lie... this thread had me scratching my head. Wondering if I should even risk checking the oil level after performing my 100 mile service, tonight.

I thought, "Do I want to possibly fight this dipstick for the next 20 mins...?"

I had 0 trouble. I mean, first try... I felt the dip stick making contact with some sort of sleeve or guide or something down it the motor, but once I got it to fall in, the thread screwing was a non-event.

It has to be something going on for those of you that fight it. I mean, You're a grown man... This is a dipstick. I doubt you'd be on a forum voicing your concern, otherwise. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Someguy and JTW
J

JTW

I'm not gonna lie... this thread had me scratching my head. Wondering if I should even risk checking the oil level after performing my 100 mile service, tonight.

I thought, "Do I want to possibly fight this dipstick for the next 20 mins...?"

I had 0 trouble. I mean, first try... I felt the dip stick making contact with some sort of sleeve or guide or something down it the motor, but once I got it to fall in, the thread screwing was a non-event.

It has to be something going on for those of you that fight it. I Mean, You're a grown man... this is a dipstick. I doubt you'd be on a forum voicing your concern, otherwise. Lol.
Bhahahaha

H

HTSauce

Apr 24, 2019
Sacramento Ca
Ownership

1. Talon R
i wanted to chime in, since i had to order one for some one today and found this thread ( cross thread apparently jk )

Babbitts online carries them for $9.82 ( hondapartshouse.com )
www.hondapartshouse.com

DIPSTICK, OIL

15650-HL4-000

0 0

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been annoyed by this as well. I have to be patient and try different angles with a slight wiggle while threading it in.

What else annoys me is that for both the dipstick and the oil fill hole, they're flush and flat on top of the motor, so that dirt pools up around them. You take them off and there's a pile of dirt waiting to enter your crankcase.

I hit the area with a bristle brush and compressed air before opening them, but that's not always an option. They should be raised up off the case a little.

R

Robert stevens

Apr 14, 2024
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had my 1000-5 for over a year now and have always had a problem getting the oil dipstick started. If you drop it in and turn it, it always tries to cross thread. Takes me a few tries to get started as it seems it needs to be tilted a bit to start. I can't see any problems with the threads so I am beginning to think about ordering a new dipstick as I am too old to lay in there on my head trying to start the dipstick. Anyone else have this problem?
File down the tit on the dipstick where there are no threads and it will fall right in and start easy

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!