P1000 Problem starting my dipstick. true story!

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had my 1000-5 for over a year now and have always had a problem getting the oil dipstick started. If you drop it in and turn it, it always tries to cross thread. Takes me a few tries to get started as it seems it needs to be tilted a bit to start. I can't see any problems with the threads so I am beginning to think about ordering a new dipstick as I am too old to lay in there on my head trying to start the dipstick. Anyone else have this problem?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had my 1000-5 for over a year now and have always had a problem getting the oil dipstick started. If you drop it in and turn it, it always tries to cross thread. Takes me a few tries to get started as it seems it needs to be tilted a bit to start. I can't see any problems with the threads so I am beginning to think about ordering a new dipstick as I am too old to lay in there on my head trying to start the dipstick. Anyone else have this problem?
Yep mines been like that since new. On my first service the idiots at the dealer I bought mine from didn't screw it down tight and it blew oil every where. My fault for not double checking their work.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First time i checked the oil i did it too. Still fight it a little every time.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK thanks everyone for your help. I won't order a new dipstick.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is same way. Sometimes I can get it on first try but most it takes multiple try's. It pisses me off

Reactions: JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I haven't had a problem with mine. When at the Take over, I'd like to check someone's and see what's up. Is it the threads in the case or the the dip stick itself?

Reactions: Jshell3 and JTW
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't had a problem with mine. When at the Take over, I'd like to check someone's and see what's up. Is it the threads in the case or the the dip stick itself?
I cant speak for every one else. But seems like its the case. Maybe an illusion. But as i poke mine down in you would think it should be perpendicular to the machined surface that the oring seals on. But when i do that it just wants to cross thread over and over. But when i push the head of the stick towards the passenger side of the rig it screws right in. Ive taken the dipstick out and checked the threads thinking i would need to run my thread files across them to straighten them out, but theres no sign of damage. Ok jtw lets hear it. I tee'd it up for ya. Now knock it out of the park

J

JTW

I cant speak for every one else. But seems like its the case. Maybe an illusion. But as i poke mine down in you would think it should be perpendicular to the machined surface that the oring seals on. But when i do that it just wants to cross thread over and over. But when i push the head of the stick towards the passenger side of the rig it screws right in. Ive taken the dipstick out and checked the threads thinking i would need to run my thread files across them to straighten them out, but theres no sign of damage. Ok jtw lets hear it. I tee'd it up for ya. Now knock it out of the park

Lmao.. some thing's speak for themselves!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ChadD and popeye
lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My fault for not double checking their work.

Unfortunately that's very sad, but true! You'd think since you brought it to the dealer that you could rest assured all is well and done right. In reality, you better double check everything.....

Reactions: GlockMeister
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What I do is turn anything with threads is to turn it counter-clockwise until it clicks, then turn clockwise. Usually works for me.
It's what I do, seems to work, I learned that years ago trying to get a nut started.

Reactions: pappyo
TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had the same thing happen a time or 2 and figured out that when the threads do not want to start straight if I picked the dip stick up slowly I could feel it drop off of whatever it is in the case that it gets behind and keeps it from going in straight. Try picking it up slowly next time it does this and pay attention while raising it and you will see what i mean. after noticing this and knowing what angle to lower it back into the case it does not happen to me anymore.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had the same thing happen a time or 2 and figured out that when the threads do not want to start straight if I picked the dip stick up slowly I could feel it drop off of whatever it is in the case that it gets behind and keeps it from going in straight. Try picking it up slowly next time it does this and pay attention while raising it and you will see what i mean. after noticing this and knowing what angle to lower it back into the case it does not happen to me anymore.

I will try this, thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!