P1000 P1K-3 a little hard starting cold.

• Thread starter Bombardier Convert
  • Start date
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since new my '21 P1K-3 has been a little hard starting since new. Sometimes taking up to 5 seconds of starter on. Sometimes taking a 2nd try. Lately I have tried putting the gas peddle to the floor 1 time and then holding at about 1/4 to half down and turn key on. Don't know if it is just coincidence but seems to be starting much quicker now, say 2 to 3 seconds of starter on. Every time now. Has anyone had this happen?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Since new my '21 P1K-3 has been a little hard starting since new. Sometimes taking up to 5 seconds of starter on. Sometimes taking a 2nd try. Lately I have tried putting the gas peddle to the floor 1 time and then holding at about 1/4 to half down and turn key on. Don't know if it is just coincidence but seems to be starting much quicker now, say 2 to 3 seconds of starter on. Every time now. Has anyone had this happen?
Mine always takes about 2 secs to start since rolled out the dealer. 5 seconds seems kinda long (-she-)

🤷‍♂️ I'm sure someone smarter then me will chime in soon enough though, good luck 👍

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Are you waiting for the fuel pump/Hello Honda before turning over?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If mine sits for an extended time yes, weeks.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Battery tests good. Turns over good.. Haven't tried spark plugs yet. Runs very strong and no hesitation when it does start. Maybe I am just being a little picky?
Shot a short vid of what you think is "hard starting" and then maybe we can compare and let you know if it's normal or not.........🤔NOMO!!!!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!