Production Capacity/Availability?

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
New member here. I had almost made my mind up to purchase a new 700-4 after a test ride then I saw that Honda was going to potentially release a new model so I waited the week out... Well its obvious the 1000-5 is the one I want now but I'm definitely concerned about availability. It seems like even the 700 machines were not that easy to find, I can't imagine how hard it will be to find a 1000-5. I have been shopping for awhile researching all the sxs models out there and this thing has it all. I think if it is priced right it will really hurt Polaris sales and the demand is going to be sky high, leading to some dealer games...charging over msrp/extra fees/etc. I guess we will just have to wait and see, hopefully Honda is tooled up to make a ton of these things, they really nailed it.

Reactions: catman
Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
I think you may be correct! I spoke to my dealer yesterday & he said his Honda rep told him he may have a few in October (limited availability)

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @sthomp54 !!

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am right there with you. I had held up buying waiting for the 2016's. I'm glad I did but now I'm really bummed. I got myself all worked up dreaming of my new Honda, and then they made exactly what I need,... but October....I know that is a reasonable time, but it's killing me. I really could use it right now. And another thing about getting exactly what I ask for is the cost... I mentioned to my wife that it's likely starting price will be above 14K, she said "What!? That sure is expensive." How great are the options. Lawn mode, tilt/Power, Low Range, just super sweet. Again, I'm just dying for this machine. I called a local dealer yesterday about getting one of the very first...Hold the presses....she just called back right now this minute and I have the first one reserved. She will says she will take my deposit in August for delivery in October. Now I just have to sell the wife.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Yes purchasing a new p-1k of any model might cost us dearly this fall dealers will probably demand high dollar for everyone, might have to wait till next year or take a ride across state lines to find the right deal!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am right there with you. I had held up buying waiting for the 2016's. I'm glad I did but now I'm really bummed. I got myself all worked up dreaming of my new Honda, and then they made exactly what I need,... but October....I know that is a reasonable time, but it's killing me. I really could use it right now. And another thing about getting exactly what I ask for is the cost... I mentioned to my wife that it's likely starting price will be above 14K, she said "What!? That sure is expensive." How great are the options. Lawn mode, tilt/Power, Low Range, just super sweet. Again, I'm just dying for this machine. I called a local dealer yesterday about getting one of the very first...Hold the presses....she just called back right now this minute and I have the first one reserved. She will says she will take my deposit in August for delivery in October. Now I just have to sell the wife.

My 700-4 will be gone soon. I have the reserved the first Silver 1000-5 that comes through my local dealers doors. October is a LONG time to wait for someone as impatient as I am. I could use it now around the house, and didn't want to get rid of the 700 as after 2 years I had FINALLY gotten it to where I wanted it, but 2 Pioneers are hard to justify. Upside is I now know exactly what I want/need for the 1000-5 so at least the build will go very quickly (as in before the first ride)

Reactions: catman
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Now I just have to sell the wife.

Now I have heard of trading them in for a newer model but Ned you a genius!!!!!!! That way you get a few bucks and for go upkeep costs all together!

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now I just have to sell the wife.

Now I have heard of trading them in for a newer model but Ned you a genius!!!!!!! That way you get a few bucks and for go upkeep costs all together!

.... :) Oh my!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

.... :) Oh my!

I wonder if there is any residual trade in value for ex wives? I got 2 just waiting to spend someone else's money.

Reactions: ksss and Hondasxs
advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if there is any residual trade in value for ex wives? I got 2 just waiting to spend someone else's money.

Haha ... When they are an "ex" they lose value like a flooded car. Not always going to go bad but you never know.

Reactions: joeymt33
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Just recently got a set of clubs for my wife. Thought it was a good trade.

Reactions: Alexa
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This is me when I get a call that my P1000-5 is in......
hyperspace.gif

Reactions: ohanacreek
W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
I've found the benefit of a ex is 'its my money;....I buy what I want...I earn it...I spend it".....and my girlfriend who makes a ton of her own money is good with that.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Don't want to bum anyone out myself included, but read on another forum that the october release may still translate to late november arival to the dealers for the new 1000s, hopefully this all still speculation at this point and i guess it is!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep. Demand is going to be huge. Top 1000(+-) dealers get first wave. 1 maybe 2 units before winter. Will most of us will be waiting a while... What will seem like a lifetime. Lol.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Sounds like next year might be the best for dealing on a new p-1k, this is going to be a long though hard wait, realy wasn't expecting this scenerio with this new machine!!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep. Demand is going to be huge. Top 1000(+-) dealers get first wave. 1 maybe 2 units before winter. Will most of us will be waiting a while... What will seem like a lifetime. Lol.

I am first on list at 3 local dealers that got the 700s in the weeks after their release. Only 1 small deposit ( none of them think there's going to be a huge demand, HAHA, as long as they give me first dibs) I REALLY don't want to be waiting until spring like some were for 700s.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!