Production Capacity/Availability?

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Just talked to my probable honda dealer and he said his rep is giving him the same vibs that there may not be too many around till next spring, what a bummer. Oh well aleast we know the machines are for real and coming, you know the old saying, good things come to those that wait, but it's gonna be tough!!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just talked to my probable honda dealer and he said his rep is giving him the same vibs that there may not be too many around till next spring, what a bummer. Oh well aleast we know the machines are for real and coming, you know the old saying, good things come to those that wait, but it's gonna be tough!!!

I get the business case for limited initial numbers, still infuriating as a customer.

Reactions: catman
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Well...didnt think I could stand the wait so I picked up a new 500 today, which arent real easy to find either! I think we are going to like it. It will at least give me something to play with until the 1000s become readily available.
P500

W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Well that's cool....I'm glad you jumped in and took the plunge...I don't think your copilot cares if its a 500 or 1500....Enjoy your ride and the family...they grow quick.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Some new info out on shipping, you guys wanting the p1-k5 deluxe will see your machines in october, all others except the base pk-13 will ship in november and then the base models in dec., allso will be custom factory packages for order!!!

Reactions: Hondasxs
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That delivery time is close to what my dealer has told me. Last time we talked she indicated that the 5 seater would be first out. She did not say the deluxe unit only I don't think. I then asked if I should just start looking somewhere else to place my deposit if she would not be able to get a P1K-3. I even suggested that I would go with the EPS model if I could buy earlier than later. She assured my that she will get one as fast as anyone if she could place the order immediately when they became available. I'm sure I would prefer the EPS P1K-3 but without pricing yet, who knows how bad it will be. And as far as a fast run on these machines....there can't be that many crazy folks just standing by waiting to spend 15K or more on a ATV.....right???? Maybe????

Reactions: tommmyt
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That delivery time is close to what my dealer has told me. Last time we talked she indicated that the 5 seater would be first out. She did not say the deluxe unit only I don't think. I then asked if I should just start looking somewhere else to place my deposit if she would not be able to get a P1K-3. I even suggested that I would go with the EPS model if I could buy earlier than later. She assured my that she will get one as fast as anyone if she could place the order immediately when they became available. I'm sure I would prefer the EPS P1K-3 but without pricing yet, who knows how bad it will be. And as far as a fast run on these machines....there can't be that many crazy folks just standing by waiting to spend 15K or more on a ATV.....right???? Maybe????

Have you priced the competition? They seem to be selling well enough at higher prices.

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA

The deluxe will be the first to hit - we have to place our orders by august for October delivery of the P1K-5 EPS deluxe...
The P1K 3-5 EPS orders are submitted September for November...
and the P1K-3 October for December...

we are a level 5 powerhouse, so we get first pick of whats available, as well as auto refill... mine should be here at least two weeks before any other Honda dealer (except level FIVE powerhouses).....

I have several deposits pending their arrival.... ;)

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Ya, i'am looking for a new pk-13 eps, november is way late for me archery season is in full swing allmost gotta have a machine for setting and moving ladderstands around the farm, my dealer won't even take deposits yet until he finds more out.

advertisement
Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
your dealer should start taking deposits no later than next month - we should have all pricing in a few weeks - that's probably why he is hesitant

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The deluxe will be the first to hit - we have to place our orders by august for October delivery of the P1K-5 EPS deluxe...
The P1K 3-5 EPS orders are submitted September for November...
and the P1K-3 October for December...

we are a level 5 powerhouse, so we get first pick of whats available, as well as auto refill... mine should be here at least two weeks before any other Honda dealer (except level FIVE powerhouses).....

I have several deposits pending their arrival.... ;)

Well Alexa, I know you know what you are talking about. Does that mean if you get deposits for 10 machines, you would be able to get 10 before others could be any? And, what state are you in? I have cash if that helps. :)

Reactions: Hondasxs
Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Well Ned, if we are looking at things from an ethical standpoint, and I had deposits for the first 100 that came off the line does that mean that I would get all 100 of them? of course it doesn't.... I am scheduled to get 5-7 of each one as soon as they come off the line. Now, with me being a level five, as soon as I warranty register one, I get another one... its our air refill... that's why you will see that most powerhouse dealers have constant working inventory, where your multiline dealers don't... we have formed some great relationships with other dealerships because if they are available, I have them, and that's where dealer trades come in.... I am in Georgia... where are you? :)

W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Well...that kinda stinks...the 3 seater will be last in production, I'd think the 3 seater would be the most popular best selling and the first to be delivered...well with EPS....I think other brands the 3 seater sells 3 to 1 the crew models. I'm a new potential Honda buyer. So perhaps the Honda consumer is different. But for me the Pk-13 if I do buy would be the model.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Ya, honda could split the first run bettween the 5 and 3 models with eps, that way all potential buyers would have a shot at one in october!!!

W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Winter here can be long and hard...can be, not always...but realistically I won't be purchasing one until March or April I guess..When riding can actually occur.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well Ned, if we are looking at things from an ethical standpoint, and I had deposits for the first 100 that came off the line does that mean that I would get all 100 of them? of course it doesn't.... I am scheduled to get 5-7 of each one as soon as they come off the line. Now, with me being a level five, as soon as I warranty register one, I get another one... its our air refill... that's why you will see that most powerhouse dealers have constant working inventory, where your multiline dealers don't... we have formed some great relationships with other dealerships because if they are available, I have them, and that's where dealer trades come in.... I am in Georgia... where are you? :)
Alexa,

I am in Western Kentucky. Thanks for the information. Can I ask you about pricing? Can the Powerhouse Dealers sell the machines at a lower cost than others? I would love to put my money back into the smaller local economy, but not at a huge hit to my pocketbook. Is my understanding the prices pretty much set by Honda? Am I wrong?

W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Ned ...incase you didn't know it...Abernathys in Union City Tenn sell more SxS's then any other dealer in the USA.....and by doing this...they sell $$ thousands less then any other dealer...one catch is...you must walk thru the door to buy. They will not step on other dealers and ship. My next new SxS...might just come from there...Thought you might want to know. I haven't called them yet about the new P-1000....but just might and see what they have on order and when they'll be getting deliverys.

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Alexa,

I am in Western Kentucky. Thanks for the information. Can I ask you about pricing? Can the Powerhouse Dealers sell the machines at a lower cost than others? I would love to put my money back into the smaller local economy, but not at a huge hit to my pocketbook. Is my understanding the prices pretty much set by Honda? Am I wrong?

Unfortunately, the prices are pretty much set - depending on how long you've been in business and how many flexible bonus bucks the dealers have that can be applied towards any unit will determine their cost. At Honda of South Georgia, we go directly by Hondas MSRP - there literally is no margin in the units. There is the same amount of profit in a 250 recon that there is in a 30k Goldwing.... but again, it depends on what the dealer has on their side that they choose to apply....

with that being said, I don't forsee ANY dealer discounting the units at first. If they do, it will probably be freight and PDI that is taken away, not the actual cost of the machine. You have to realize that the majority of dealers make their money in accessories, not the actual units... and just as WFM said, you can find a lower price I'm sure, but it will require travel to get there. No shipping available, no dealer trades.. You must physically be there to sign your paperwork and pick up your unit... and once you arrive, you may find that there are hidden fees that haven't been disclosed.....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately, the prices are pretty much set - depending on how long you've been in business and how many flexible bonus bucks the dealers have that can be applied towards any unit will determine their cost. At Honda of South Georgia, we go directly by Hondas MSRP - there literally is no margin in the units. There is the same amount of profit in a 250 recon that there is in a 30k Goldwing.... but again, it depends on what the dealer has on their side that they choose to apply....

with that being said, I don't forsee ANY dealer discounting the units at first. If they do, it will probably be freight and PDI that is taken away, not the actual cost of the machine. You have to realize that the majority of dealers make their money in accessories, not the actual units... and just as WFM said, you can find a lower price I'm sure, but it will require travel to get there. No shipping available, no dealer trades.. You must physically be there to sign your paperwork and pick up your unit... and once you arrive, you may find that there are hidden fees that haven't been disclosed.....

Yes be careful of the fees the dealer I bought my 700 from agreed to take money off then they added the EXACT same amount right back in "fees", accessories you can haggle on that same dealer gave me a really good discount on some parts and pieces, almost as good as the pricing I got online at cheapcycleparts.com (online no taxes, taxes in store)

Reactions: Alexa
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!