Production Capacity/Availability?

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
I deal with that kind of thing all the time... I make sure to tell my guests up front that MSRP or list does not include the associated fees - and to get around that objection all together we started listing it on the window sticker (or price tag), and then explaining it to the guests....

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes be careful of the fees the dealer I bought my 700 from agreed to take money off then they added the EXACT same amount right back in "fees", accessories you can haggle on that same dealer gave me a really good discount on some parts and pieces, almost as good as the pricing I got online at cheapcycleparts.com (online no taxes, taxes in store)
WFM and Alexa,

Thanks for the feedback. I originally called the Union TN dealer. Thinking since they were amongst the largest, they would have the best prices. They made a point of selling the fact that the stated price was their out the door price without a bunch of fees, but the prices were exactly the same as printed everywhere for the same machine. P700 -2 $9995.00. However they really pushed me away from Honda toward Polaris or even Yamaha. That kinda put me off and since I decided to wait until the 2016 models, I just let it drop. I just called them back to ask about the new P1K and it was if they really didn't want to waste their time with my questions and really didn't know much about it. So I am gonna trust my local dealer and sing her high praises across the interweb if she comes through. I am going to buy a Honda P1k, now it's just down to who gets to pocket my money. And like I said before, I have cash if it helps.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I bought my P500 from Southern Honda in Chattanooga, TN. I was really impressed with the service. I am about 2hrs away from them so I was concerned they would add fees, etc when I got there. They actually matched a lower price (said they would not be undersold by anyone) and added no fees. Everything was as described. They did try to push the extended warranty but not a real hard sell. Now I am not sure there are going to be any "deals" on the 1k for awhile, but maybe you could find a dealer that didnt add extra fees on top of msrp....

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Chattanooga does have the lowest prices. No doubt. But they require that you come there and pick up your unit.. since it wasn't a hard drive from you, I completely understand you purchasing there! I would too! But for people in my area, the travel cost outweighs the discount. And regarding the "adding of fees" on top of MSRP, Honda clearly states on the powersports website, that there is a destination charge... (its in the fine print). Its up to your dealer on whether or not they cut the freight, because its a charge that we must all pay as dealers to have the units shipped to us. Now if they ordered one specifically for you and it was the only one on the truck, don't plan on the freight being cut. On the other hand, if they have 20 in a truck and you're looking at freight of $670 per unit, there may be room for negotiation... it depends on the dealer. I'm notorious for working with freight as much as I can... its not an added fee, its just a misunderstood( and not clearly printed) one... hope that helps!

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
At the end of the day, if you guys and gals have any questions regarding whats fair and whats not when the new units come out, just let me know. I wont try to over or undersell, or take someone elses sales for that matter... you are all family to me now, and I will help you negotiate down as much as I can. ;)

Reactions: Springer
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At the end of the day, if you guys and gals have any questions regarding whats fair and whats not when the new units come out, just let me know. I wont try to over or undersell, or take someone elses sales for that matter... you are all family to me now, and I will help you negotiate down as much as I can. ;)
Thanks again Alexa, all I ask is for straight talk. I am one who would rather spend a couple hundred extra not to drive 2 or 3 hours to buy and pickup my new baby and I fully understand that if I am one to first to get a brand new machine, I can hardly hope for a discount. Just a fair and honest price.

Reactions: Alexa

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!