jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Here are all the vids for snorkeling and extending the vent lines of the P5 that will allow you to traverse deep water and mud holes without having to worry about destroying your machine as easily. Feel free to message me with any question you have on the process, or if I missed something.

Intro and Vent Line Locations

Vent Line Extending

Snorkel Build

Wire Connector Water Proofing

Air Box Sealing

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Jay, I'm in the process of extending my vent lines now and something I thought I should point out to others doing this is that you don't need to completely disassemble the machine to do it. It's better that you did it for the video so everything can be seen but not necessary. The intake pipe can just be cut off behind the seat and a Fernco connection used for the snorkel. 3/16" gas line was $1.59 a foot from Advance Auto. 3/16" black rubber vacuum line was .99c a foot. I didn't drill holes in the ROPS either, just zip tied them up. Also went with barbed connectors and silicone and just tied on to factory hoses. Not saying it's any better but that's just the way I did it. Pretty easy DIY mod and good insurance if you accidentally go deep.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I thought I should point out to others doing this is that you don't need to completely disassemble the machine to do it. It's better that you did it for the video so everything can be seen but not necessary.
You are right. I needed to clean good under everything is the main reason I tore it down so much. I hadn't done that from the time I bought it so that's over a year's worth of mud and dirt in the places you can't get with the pressure washer from the outside...lol. I mentioned that on one of my Facebook page posts but I guess I didn't say that on any of the vids.

Reactions: trigger
C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
You are right. I needed to clean good under everything is the main reason I tore it down so much. I hadn't done that from the time I bought it so that's over a year's worth of mud and dirt in the places you can't get with the pressure washer from the outside...lol. I mentioned that on one of my Facebook page posts but I guess I didn't say that on any of the vids.

I unintentionally swamped mine this past weekend.. I took the opportunity to strip it all down, clean it, change all fluids and run all new lines into the cage as well as a Home Hardware Snorkel.Hopefully I don't have to test it. (not that I stay away from mud haha).
I (like many before me) want to thank you for your videos I've learned and put to use a lot of your ideas.. (reverse mode, adjust clutch, Torq locker, snorkel..etc.. ).. just waiting for the next one!!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!