Promise I'm not dead...

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hey everybody, just letting you know I'm still around. Went through some dark times and rough patches but to summarize, after the TO22 I:

lost my job
ended a nearly 11 year long relationship with the love of my life
had to move ~9 years worth of crap out of the house and garage
had several breakdowns mental, emotional and mechanical
got a new job (De-icing planes at the airport)
got the opportunity to move to Aspen for said new job and help start up a new station (with paid housing)

Currently staying in gigantic house on the side of a mountain with paid housing for the year. After the season ends, they asked if I could stay on during the summer to take care of upkeep of the house, since it's rented until August. But after that I'll basically be homeless, so was planning on purchasing a step-van or box-truck (old UPS truck basically) and building that into a tiny apartment over the summer. Looking at a 26-30', which would give me ~8-10' of space in the rear to build out as a mini garage to hold the P500.

Sorry I couldn't make it to TO23, won't be able to make it to TO24 (already sold my trailer, so have no way to haul my p500 any more) but hopefully I can make it to TO25.

Miss you guys,
-Hallic

P.S.: tell @futzin to keep a beer cold for me

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
So good to hear from you!
We mention you often; missing you at the events.
Very sorry to hear of the troubles. Words don't help much, but . . .

Stay in touch, enjoy Aspen!

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Hey everybody, just letting you know I'm still around. Went through some dark times and rough patches but to summarize, after the TO22 I:

lost my job
got the opportunity to move to Aspen for said new job and help start up a new station (with paid housing)

Currently staying in gigantic house on the side of a mountain with paid housing for the year. After the season ends, they asked if I could stay on during the summer to take care of upkeep of the house, since it's rented until August. But after that I'll basically be homeless, so was planning on purchasing a step-van or box-truck (old UPS truck basically) and building that into a tiny apartment over the summer. Looking at a 26-30', which would give me ~8-10' of space in the rear to build out as a mini garage to hold the P500.

Sorry I couldn't make it to TO23, won't be able to make it to TO24 (already sold my trailer, so have no way to haul my p500 any more) but hopefully I can make it to TO25.

Miss you guys,
-Hallic

Good to hear from you! Sorry to hear your having a difficult year. The forum is a good bunch, we are always here when you need us! Check in more often.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

lost my job

Miss you guys,
-Hallic

Rough time for sure. 🙏🏻 things are turning around for you and ultimately you find happiness again

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry to these things. Glad your getting back on track.
DONT GO HOMELESS!
you can find a used toy hauler cheaper than one of of those box trucks, there out there. Then you will at least have a $hitter, kitchen, fridge, heater and a warm bed. Good luck Dont let Bideneconomics control you. Keep your head up

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry to these things. Glad your getting back on track.
DONT GO HOMELESS!
you can find a used toy hauler cheaper than one of of those box trucks, there out there. Then you will at least have a $hitter, kitchen, fridge, heater and a warm bed. Good luck Dont let Bideneconomics control you. Keep your head up
Yeah, was looking at toyhaulers, but for what I need, having a fully enclosed system that doesn't *look* like I'm on vacation in the middle of a walmart parking lot is better overall.
Don't want a separate tow vehicle. Already had some conversations with my boss's, and the company parking lot is big enough to stash a vehicle in for pretty much the whole winter, as long as it can blend in. So commercial-looking vehicle would be alright for that.

Aside from that, thanks for the kind words everybody. Hope to see you all soon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!