P500 Protection from theft

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Put it in gear... it won't roll except in neutral and you can't change gears with the key off.
Take the keys with you... Pay for good insurance.

Good to know ^^ I have a standard keyed alike master lock that I lock on the read disc brake. So I don't forget I have a very strong light hi vis cord tied to the lock with the other end on the steering wheel. In addition have a length of grade 100 chain and heavy duty keyed alike lock I use to lock it to a ground anchor in the back yard. In my truck I've a really large heavy duty cable (motorcycle) with one end secured onto a bolted in D ring, other end goes through front frame then locked back onto cable via end loop in cable and again heavy duty Keyed alike master lock. Someone with specialized cutting gear, torch, plasma cutter or hydraulic chain/cable cutters they will still get access. I don't think standard bolt cutter, or hack saw, zip cut will make it through the above easily. And should that happen.... Also very good insurance policy.....

j

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Keep mine in the garage but if it were left outside unattended, I'd be worried about having stuff stripped off of it...
shotgun and string gets my vote! ;)

Dixie Gun works supplies a black powder mouse trap that would work awesome. It's basically a 32 caliber firearm that's trigger by a pan or string, with a percussion cap and lock mechanism. I'll try and find a pic of it. Awesome tool to scare friends with and kill rats mice and other vermin, bummin as I can't get one in Canada via mail order....

Buddy has a couple and have had huge huge fun setting them up a hunting camps over the years. Load with BP and a paper wad set a percussion cap on it tie it to a door. Unsuspecting buddy opens door BLAM.... Ears pinging.... Hahahaha. They are an awesome tool designed to control vermin and would work well on thieves too.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/pdf_datasheet.php?products_id=11582

j

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Dixie Gun works supplies a black powder mouse trap that would work awesome. It's basically a 32 caliber firearm that's trigger by a pan or string, with a percussion cap and lock mechanism. I'll try and find a pic of it. Awesome tool to scare friends with and kill rats mice and other vermin, bummin as I can't get one in Canada via mail order....

Buddy has a couple and have had huge huge fun setting them up a hunting camps over the years. Load with BP and a paper wad set a percussion cap on it tie it to a door. Unsuspecting buddy opens door BLAM.... Ears pinging.... Hahahaha. They are an awesome tool designed to control vermin and would work well on thieves too.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/pdf_datasheet.php?products_id=11582

j

That's Funny
HaHa
would love to
check it out

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Keep mine in the garage but if it were left outside unattended, I'd be worried about having stuff stripped off of it...
shotgun and string gets my vote! ;)
Yeah, except it's illegal and you go to the big house for a very long time if someone's killed in that fashion. :) You're good to go sense you have room in your garage, for the rest, a heavy lock and chain.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We are very fortunate to ride in Idaho I guess. We had a chainsaw stolen but in 12 years nothing else. We always leave keys in too because it'd be a pain any other way. I think people know they'll get shot if they take one of ours. If we did do something a simple alarm system made for sxs or dirt bikes will be good enough. Be a simple install really you could even get remote start if desired.

Sent from iPhone

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
We are very fortunate to ride in Idaho I guess. We had a chainsaw stolen but in 12 years nothing else. We always leave keys in too because it'd be a pain any other way. I think people know they'll get shot if they take one of ours. If we did do something a simple alarm system made for sxs or dirt bikes will be good enough. Be a simple install really you could even get remote start if desired.

Sent from iPhone
Yeah, except it's illegal and you go to the big house for a very long time if someone's killed in that fashion. :) You're good to go sense you have room in your garage, for the rest, a heavy lock and chain.
Oh, I'd never do that...I'm just saying a thief deserves to get shot in the face at close range! ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Sent from iPhone
Same with me when I'm on my ranch in OK, and NM.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lock the steering wheel to the rops.if it takes a thief more than 60 seconds to take what they came to get they are more likely to get caught or bug out

Reactions: Tflynn
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lock the steering wheel to the rops.if it takes a thief more than 60 seconds to take what they came to get they are more likely to get caught or bug out
Wheel off
Best..only cost
5 min. .
nobody will steal
something broke...

Reactions: trigger
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Actually Monte if they were using your vehicle in a threatening manner towards you(which everyone around me would agree that happened) its legal. Defending yourself-not protecting your equipment

Sent from iPhone

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Actually Monte if they were using your vehicle in a threatening manner towards you(which everyone around me would agree that happened) its legal. Defending yourself-not protecting your equipment

Sent from iPhone
Shotgun booby traps are illegal in all 50 states. But defending yourself isn't. You can't put a shotgun booby trap on the door of your house, your car or your P5. The topic was theft deterrent, not self defense.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Very true! I just hate thieves.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: trigger
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys! Well our community it having a problem with people stealing dirt bikes, four wheelers, & SxSs. I don't have a garage. Is there anyway to "lock" it down or a good way to chain it up?

If I ever walked outta my house and saw that it was gone I'd be so PISSED. Looking for some good ideas if anyone has them.

Thanks.
If you have a Dodge truck put it in the back, nobody will steal a Dodge.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That makes it interesting for me:)

Sent from iPhone

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!