P500 Pulled the trigger today

Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome, Just a few miles from you. Maybe we can meet for a ride at a Prentice Cooper or Houston Valley OHV (50 inch restricted). Been riding them for years. Just waiting for the Spring reopening of trails. Just my 2 cents on the sequence of higher dollar mods/satisfaction done for capability - winch/bumper, tires, power steering, locker. Winch was most important to prevent a walk out. That said, first aid kit came first.

Sounds great. I’d like to go to Prentice Cooper for a ride sometime. Looks like the trails will be opening fairly soon. I’m taking my first purchase should be a winch, but I’m dying to put some real tires on. They look so much better with a good set a tires

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Sounds great. I’d like to go to Prentice Cooper for a ride sometime. Looks like the trails will be opening fairly soon. I’m taking my first purchase should be a winch, but I’m dying to put some real tires on. They look so much better with a good set a tires
Sending you a PM

Reactions: Chooglin
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats and welcome. I've got to go with mudder, go with a winch as first mod. Buy the best you can afford. I don't trust remote controls but that's up to you. They seem to fail when you need them most. High centered my P5 while Turkey hunting last Tuesday, it would have been a 4+ mile walk out if not for the winch. Have fun.

Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for your input. Shopping for a winch now. Looks like it’s going to be the first of many purchases :)

Reactions: trigger
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just wanted to thank the board and all its members for posting so much great information. I was on the fence about a bigger machine, but pulled the trigger on a used pioneer 500 today.
I got a red 17 with 140 miles on it. It came with the Honda roof and a Honda windshield.

I had a hard time deciding on what machine to get. I was set on a Wolverine, but I kept coming back to the pioneer 500. I feel the P500 best meets my intended use. I have limited storage space and basically wanted to replace my 4 wheeler with a SXS for safety and ability to take a passenger. So far I am very happy with it. It’s just what I expected.

Planning on changing the fluids this weekend and getting some riding in. I know I will need better tires, a winch and a locker in the future. Just planning on enjoying it for now.
Congrats and welcome! The P5 is a pimp mobile. Ladies will flock to you.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Congrats and welcome. I've got to go with mudder, go with a winch as first mod. Buy the best you can afford. I don't trust remote controls but that's up to you. They seem to fail when you need them most. High centered my P5 while Turkey hunting last Tuesday, it would have been a 4+ mile walk out if not for the winch. Have fun.
Would have been out in a few extra minutes and a savings of 500.00 with a come along . Just sayin

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Would have been out in a few extra minutes and a savings of 500.00 with a come along . Just sayin
With the hills locally, a longer distance pull capability from a winch is valuable, even the $130 HF 3500lb winch so handy for trails and chores, and saves room in the cargo box. Have them on several machines including tractor, years of service. Just prefer to use electrons vs muscle. LOL.

Last edited:
Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
Had to use muscle today, no way around mud. Got stuck and had the kid hit the throttle, I was able to get it out....Thank God. Wasn’t even trying to go through the mud, but no way around. Need tires and a winch. And it hasn’t rained up her in 9 days. Can’t imagine what it was like when it was raining

Reactions: 500oneer
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Just wanted to thank the board and all its members for posting so much great information. I was on the fence about a bigger machine, but pulled the trigger on a used pioneer 500 today.
I got a red 17 with 140 miles on it. It came with the Honda roof and a Honda windshield.

I had a hard time deciding on what machine to get. I was set on a Wolverine, but I kept coming back to the pioneer 500. I feel the P500 best meets my intended use. I have limited storage space and basically wanted to replace my 4 wheeler with a SXS for safety and ability to take a passenger. So far I am very happy with it. It’s just what I expected.

Planning on changing the fluids this weekend and getting some riding in. I know I will need better tires, a winch and a locker in the future. Just planning on enjoying it for now.
They are capable little machines! Love my 2018.

Reactions: Signal_rig
C

Chadwick1968

Oct 7, 2018
Angola la
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Yo

u will absolutely enjoy that pioneer 500. Dam near bullet proof

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!