P500 Pulled the trigger today

Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
Just wanted to thank the board and all its members for posting so much great information. I was on the fence about a bigger machine, but pulled the trigger on a used pioneer 500 today.
I got a red 17 with 140 miles on it. It came with the Honda roof and a Honda windshield.

I had a hard time deciding on what machine to get. I was set on a Wolverine, but I kept coming back to the pioneer 500. I feel the P500 best meets my intended use. I have limited storage space and basically wanted to replace my 4 wheeler with a SXS for safety and ability to take a passenger. So far I am very happy with it. It’s just what I expected.

Planning on changing the fluids this weekend and getting some riding in. I know I will need better tires, a winch and a locker in the future. Just planning on enjoying it for now.

Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
66E09FAA AB23 4D10 B4C0 EB841567499C
Her she is. She Appears to be in good shape. I’ll get the service done this weekend and get her dirty. Interested to see how she does on the old trails I drove my 300 on

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Congrat on your purchase.I also just bought 2017 Camo couple weeks ago so fun to drive a great on gas and Honda relativity..

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Welcome ! Don't know your terrain but .,,,,,... We have dirt ,rocks , sand , snow , mud <in that order . I don't really need a locker , good tires are good but not a huge difference except in the snow but tires have not stopped me in snow only lack of ground clearance has , as for a winch they are cool but a good come along and a snatch block will do just as well if not better . Spacers are a great add and throw your sway bar away. That's my 5 cents worth .

Reactions: maddmax
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Congratulations. Welcome from Texas ..Have fun and let the mods begin

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Congrats! And welcome to the club...er, I mean addiction :D

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Congratulations, I'm sure you're going to love it. I've only had one problem since I got mine ............. I want a second P 500 but I keep spending all my extra money on the cool stuff to put on the first one!!! Oh well, all money well spent in my eyes! Be sure and keep us updated with pics when you take her out or make any changes!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome, Just a few miles from you. Maybe we can meet for a ride at a Prentice Cooper or Houston Valley OHV (50 inch restricted). Been riding them for years. Just waiting for the Spring reopening of trails. Just my 2 cents on the sequence of higher dollar mods/satisfaction done for capability - winch/bumper, tires, power steering, locker. Winch was most important to prevent a walk out. That said, first aid kit came first.

Last edited:
Reactions: HUCK
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome ! Don't know your terrain but .,,,,,... We have dirt ,rocks , sand , snow , mud <in that order . I don't really need a locker , good tires are good but not a huge difference except in the snow but tires have not stopped me in snow only lack of ground clearance has , as for a winch they are cool but a good come along and a snatch block will do just as well if not better . Spacers are a great add and throw your sway bar away. That's my 5 cents worth .
Did you remove both or just the front sway-bar...was thinking of trying it out ...

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma, and welcome.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!