P1000 Putting in 4" Portals

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I found a good deal on a set of 4" Portals with wheels and tires. I was planning on 6" Portals but this deal seems very good. Gen2 Portals with MSA M35 18" Bandits and BKT TR-171 8-18 tires, all with less than 15 hours on them.I don't know why he's selling them, they are already off the Honda 1000. I wonder if he went with 6" Portals?

Anyhow, I ordered Super ATV 1.5" front and rear A Arms, will I need a 1/2" spacer in the front to even out the front to back?

On a side note, has anyone ever just used the Front A Arms with out the back with Portals?

Will I be wishing I did 6" Portals in a week? This is all I plan on doing to this UTV as far as lift goes.

Reactions: BWAF
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think that you would be fine, with 4" portals @ a 29% gear reduction you should be able to run a 34" tall tire to be can to stock (not including the increased weight of the portal or tire). Good luck and post some pics!
I think the BKT's measure out to 33" so I should be good. The reason I'm lifting is where I mainly ride, River Ranch in Frostproof FL; as some know here, it's wet and muddy and some places don't afford a good spot to hook up your winch. I want the capability of getting out if on the rare occasion I'm alone on a wet trail.

Reactions: BWAF
Tyrel

Tyrel

Jul 31, 2018
Jonesboro Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is anyone running gen3 4" portals? I was wondering how much oil everyone else was able to get in theirs. I know a guy that has gen2 and getting a 1/4 of a quart in each box and I just filled mine for the second time and only took a little under a half a quart for all 4 again. I dont think it's a problem because I'm filling it until it runs out then installing the plug but just wanted some other input.

Thanks guys

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!