P1000 Portals,lift, or both

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to decide on my build, i want big tires for the mud but definitely not over a 35. I don’t want it to be to high where I can’t comfortably get in and out of it, but i still want good ground clearance. I’m thinking 3” TTC lift with 4” portals with 15 or 30% gear reduction with 18” rims on 33’s…… or maybe just the TTC 0” lift with 4” portals 15% reduction 18’s on 33’s.. This is my 1st build so any thoughts

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will you primarily be a mudder, like all swamp riding? If not, you could go with the TTC 3" kit and run up to 32s with that, then see if it does what you want in your environment. If it doesn't get it, you have a platform to build on.

Not enough info on your intended use and environment.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, need the info to accurately help. I think 33”s if your not a swamp master is what you should go with. But all will depend on intruded use. BTW, 18” wheels! Your headed to G dog territory. 🤨

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, im really not into the swamping really, just because its to likely to tear up my buggy, but im sure I’d love it. Really I’m more into mountain, trails, dirt roads, mud pits and ditches. I most definitely want it set up for the mud holes for when i want to play hard with the guys.

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have trade-offs there. If you build it really big, you lose some trail/mountain performance.

I run a TTC 3" kit on 30's. It's a good trail / hill climbing / rut articulating machine, and it can hit some pretty good mud holes and make it through. If I rode a lot more mud, I'd maybe consider going to 32's and a much more aggressive tire, but I really wouldn't want to go much bigger than that because I"m not mudding all day.

As it stands, my 30's do just fine. I'll upgrade to a bit more lug next year.

You build it, ride it in your environment, and if you need more, you build more. Only you can really make those choices, and you'll make them as you get to know your machine - and how it performs where you like to ride.

That's why I recommended starting with the TTC 3" and (up to) 32's because you can bolt that right up. Then you have something you can scale up from there.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What☝️☝️☝️said and add a good set of shocks to get some lift as well with the ore load. If your going to do the lift you stated with those stockers you have, its gona suck and you wont be happy.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I know what you need........... ;)

Pointing down point down

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was planning on SATV 4" portals, forward arched a-arms and 33's but bought an enclosed trailer to keep my P1K5 outta the snow slush and salt. So much for a lift and bigger tires. 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: SuperATV and Lady01
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
From a long term perspective, yeah...I'd go portals and A-arms for sure if that's how you want to play. A lift by itself in hard riding deep mud situations is going to eat through stock axles without any gear reduction. With the portals and A-arms, you're getting beefier parts, the ground clearance you need, gear reduction, and you are taking the load off of the axles.

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
...but then you can go to the Rhino 2 axles and save over portals. But yeah, if he's sure he's going 32 or bigger right away, gear reduction factors in.

Choices, choices.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!