PV3 and HMF full exhaust thoughts

S

sHoRtBuSseR

Jul 20, 2021
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just installed a new HMF dual exhaust kit on my 1000r. Programmed it with the recommended tune from PV3 and took it for the first ride.

First thing I noticed is obviously the volume. It sounds really good, but holy balls, it's loud. Too loud. Gonna look into a quieter insert.

Second thing I noticed was power. It definitely gained a noticeable amount. The driveability is better as well. The transmission seems to complete shifts slightly faster and the transmission will let the rpms go lower before forcing a downshift in manual mode. It definitely has more bottom end to pull it out of a high gear low rpm situation as well.

My reason for the post is actually fuel consumption. In the short ride, I noticed it used up 1 bar on the fuel gauge already. Previously before any tuning and exhaust, I could ride for 3-4 hours before one tick went away. Anyone else notice this or am I just crazy?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Dont think your crazy, Maybe Ignorant to what you did to that machine but not Crazy lol.

Big Power = Big Bucks! As in Big Bucks in Gas! Did u expect it to get better milage or stay the same when u boost the power? 😂
just like a pipe/exhaust. We dont put them on and think theyll b as quiet as stock or a touch louder and Definitely not quieter than stock lol. Just givin you $hit, but U did ask! 🤷‍♂️

BTW you havent posted ANY Pics of your machine yet! You know what that means….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

D

Deathcure

Jan 12, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just installed a new HMF dual exhaust kit on my 1000r. Programmed it with the recommended tune from PV3 and took it for the first ride.

First thing I noticed is obviously the volume. It sounds really good, but holy balls, it's loud. Too loud. Gonna look into a quieter insert.

Second thing I noticed was power. It definitely gained a noticeable amount. The driveability is better as well. The transmission seems to complete shifts slightly faster and the transmission will let the rpms go lower before forcing a downshift in manual mode. It definitely has more bottom end to pull it out of a high gear low rpm situation as well.

My reason for the post is actually fuel consumption. In the short ride, I noticed it used up 1 bar on the fuel gauge already. Previously before any tuning and exhaust, I could ride for 3-4 hours before one tick went away. Anyone else notice this or am I just crazy?
If u get the quiet core it helps till about 5k+ rpms. I got mine street legal made it much better to drive on long trips

wrighteous

wrighteous

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2014
I have the same HMF and its loud on the road but I like it offroad its not too bad until I make it Talk
I at least need a rear window

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
They suck fuel when they are tuned. With just a PwrTune stage 3 tune, PwrTune Velocity intake and an HMF full exhaust I can wipe out a tank of fuel in about 35min practicing on a 2-1/2 min a lap short course. It sure does rip with those mods though, so it's totally worth it to me.

R

Ray21

Mar 1, 2021
AK
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had the HMF Titan on my machine and it was too damn loud, too. Took it off after two rides and switched to an MBRP sport slip-on. Much better volume-wise, though the power on the HMF was better.

Reactions: Smitty335
S

sHoRtBuSseR

Jul 20, 2021
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
I really enjoy it now after getting some miles on it. Shifting is much improved. Power output is pretty solid. Bottom end torque is noticeably improved as well. Fuel consumption has actually gotten better from the initial ride as well. Just cruising seems to be the same as stock mostly. Overall, pretty solid improvements.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I had the HMF Titan on my machine and it was too damn loud, too. Took it off after two rides and switched to an MBRP sport slip-on. Much better volume-wise, though the power on the HMF was better.
Did u read post #3?
you can keep your HMF now.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I really enjoy it now after getting some miles on it. Shifting is much improved. Power output is pretty solid. Bottom end torque is noticeably improved as well. Fuel consumption has actually gotten better from the initial ride as well. Just cruising seems to be the same as stock mostly. Overall, pretty solid improvements.
Sweet!
still waiting on pics from you! ;)

• Haha
Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Great info. I just installed the trinity stage 5 full exhaust and PV3 tuner. Had the headers and cross pipes high temp coated. Have since just started it and ran down the block (street legal). First impression are sounds good, looks way better, and seems to add some power. I’m on 32’s with all kind of accessories so any help is much appreciated. I run low gear 80% of the time due to power loss. Low gear nets me 50+ mph so good enough for most riding. Will report back after a real world test session.

42430DF7 A091 49D6 858B 466C1EEAA3A9 0E7D29F9 37FB 408F 8AE6 0ECE9A5D3383 DE688D4A 45C2 41CC 9EF4 B2692954E015

S

sHoRtBuSseR

Jul 20, 2021
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've put a lot of miles on the exhaust since initial install and I'm really happy with it overall but man, it is LOUD. I bought quiet cores and installed them and it sounded like a ricer Civic so I immediately pulled them back out. I may make changes to the exhaust now. I just don't know if I can handle this for long rides. My wife also is quite upset with me about the volume increase lol.

I've attached a picture of the machine, but you can't see the exhaust. I haven't gotten any good pictures of it lately.

20220408 161021

R

Ray21

Mar 1, 2021
AK
Ownership

1. Talon R
Did u read post #3?
you can keep your HMF now.

I tried them out shortly after installing the exhaust and unfortunately it didn't do enough for me, but everyone's different I suppose.

Reactions: Remington
prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just a thought. I had the same thing with my girlfriend. Just try putting the ant farm air intake back on just to test. I found most of the sound is from the S&B particle separator. You are getting a lot of intake noise in the cab. You only remove the lower intake hose and put that stupid air intake just for testing. Mine was night and day. Had the same thing happen on my 2020 canyon. K N cold air made it so you could not drive it because of intake noise. Won't cost you anything to test.

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just a thought. I had the same thing with my girlfriend. Just try putting the ant farm air intake back on just to test. I found most of the sound is from the S&B particle separator. You are getting a lot of intake noise in the cab. You only remove the lower intake hose and put that stupid air intake just for testing. Mine was night and day. Had the same thing happen on my 2020 canyon. K N cold air made it so you could not drive it because of intake noise. Won't cost you anything to test.
I've wondered how important that goofy intake chamber was for noise control and didn't want to remove it for that reason. That's why I used Hondabob's idea when I snorkeled mine, it keeps that chamber in place. More photos and part numbers are linked in my sig for the curious.
I 7HPhcsr L

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!