P1000 PV3 Power Vision 3 Tuning

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Starting a new thread for all things related to tuning with a PV3.

PV3 for Pioneer 1000 on Dynojet Website

I attached the original files that come with the PV3 for the Pioneer 1000 to this post.
If anyone wants to take a look at the tables you can download the software for free at the link above and open the attached files.
Im not sure which file is which yet. Im sure we can figure that out as we get going on it.

@ToddACimer @Adam490 looks like we can share the files here if we zip them first

Tagging everyone else from the previous thread
@ehart814 @Hondasxs @Ragnar406 @GPR1500SC @DDDonkey @aauman88 @Schmeg

Attachments

• Dynojet-OriginalFiles.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 255
Last edited:
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From @GPR1500SC
AFR conversion from O2 sensor readout

I am assuming this is specifically for the stock O2 senser on the 1000 right?

Reactions: Biteme
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Main Fuel Tables
1612002.stk file

Speed Density Mode -this one unchanged in PV3 included tune
Cyl 1
Cyl 2
Fuel qty is in desired injector pulse width

Alpha N Mode -this one modified in PV3 included tune
Cyl 1

Cyl 2

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Starting a new thread for all things related to tuning with a PV3.

PV3 for Pioneer 1000 on Dynojet Website

I attached the original files that come with the PV3 for the Pioneer 1000 to this post.
If anyone wants to take a look at the tables you can download the software for free at the link above and open the attached files.
Im not sure which file is which yet. Im sure we can figure that out as we get going on it.

@ToddACimer @Adam490 looks like we can share the files here if we zip them first

Tagging everyone else from the previous thread
@ehart814 @Hondasxs @Ragnar406 @GPR1500SC @DDDonkey @aauman88 @Schmeg
You can't "share" a tune directly because they are locked to your device. So Todd can't just send me his .djt file to drop onto the PV3 and flash.

You have to compare the files and make the changes to your own tune file then save. You can import/export value files (.PVV) from someone else's tune into your own to make it a quicker process.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can't "share" a tune directly because they are locked to your device. So Todd can't just send me his .djt file to drop onto the PV3 and flash.

You have to compare the files and make the changes to your own tune file then save. You can import/export value files (.PVV) from someone else's tune into your own to make it a quicker process.

OK maybe i misunderstood the conversation in the other thread.
i thought yall were talking about not being able to share files on the forum.

either way, .djt or .pvv files, we will need to put them in a .zip or .rar archive to share them on the forum.

Reactions: Biteme and Adam490
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
They are both off the internet
The chart is Edelbrock Carbs
The graph is random internet to show how temperature can change the reading
The numbers do relate to are Honda's

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Anyone currently running the canned tune that comes in the powervision? I mostly got this for cooler temps and improved clutching and I heard the canned tune has those benefits......

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone currently running the canned tune that comes in the powervision? I mostly got this for cooler temps and improved clutching and I heard the canned tune has those benefits......
i flashed mine with the canned tune last night but I havent been able to ride it yet. Hopefully this weekend.

Reactions: Biteme and ehart814
93whitese-r

93whitese-r

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2017
Cincinnati ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting pretty excited to finally have some tuning support for these!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Tried it in the yard and in the street. Fan comes on at lower temp and the shifts are firmer. That being said, it's really hard to tell any benefit without being able to try it out on the trails I like to ride. I think the real benefit will come with being able to setup a tune for rock crawling and another for cruising/faster trail rides and switch back and forth. It takes about 3 minutes to flash a different tune that's loaded to the PV3.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It would be great if someone took temp readings before and after install. Like at three spots on exhaust, a spot under seat, and like between bed and front seat... Compare them... Then I would be inclined to buy one.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I got mine yesterday... didn't have time to play with it. The directions are kind of weird. I guess you just plug the thing in and turn on the key? Does it automatically save the stock tune so that you can return to it if needed?

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The pdf attached is a summary of what parameters the canned Dynojet tune changes in the ECU.

The real short summary is:
  • Downshift Points are reduced 300 RPM - High Range Only
  • Upshift Points are increased 400 RPM - High Range Only
  • Fuel Injector Pulsewidths are reduced 2% across the tables(assuming this is running leaner, need to research it more)
  • Fan On/Off points lowered 7/10 deg respectively
  • Rev Limit raised 300 RPM
  • Ignition timing advanced 2 deg except when in neutral or reverse
i compared the 002 .stk and .djt files i cant remember which one is flashed in mine. ill update later which one it is.

Attachments

• DynoJet Tune Changes R1 2020.06.19.pdf
    108.9 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: Biteme and ehart814
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The pdf attached is a summary of what parameters the canned Dynojet tune changes in the ECU.

• Fuel Injector Pulsewidths are reduced 2% across the tables(assuming this is running leaner, need to research it more)
i compared the 002 .stk and .djt files i cant remember which one is flashed in mine. ill update later which one it is.
Will any of those changes improve MPG??

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Does the ignition advance necessitate the use of premium fuel?

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i feel like we should put a disclaimer at the top of this thread since i don't think any of us are experienced tuners... we are all just learning as far as i know

So keep in mind that I am NOT an expert on this

Here is my opinion:
Will any of those changes improve MPG??

i doubt it.
its leaner which should improve fuel MPG but its holding in each gear a bit longer so that may negate it.
i don't think the increased timing would affect MPG, but maybe it does.
it probably will just depend on how you drive it.
i doubt dynojet was looking to improve MPG with it, so im betting there is no measurable difference.

Does the ignition advance necessitate the use of premium fuel?

i doubt it.
i wouldn't think that they would sell a tune that would make the engine knock and potentially cause damage to it without a bunch of warnings saying to use higher octane fuel.
i ran a timing advance key in my 400EX before that didn't require higher octane fuel. it was 6 deg advance, but that's a different engine. but the 2 deg sounds pretty mild to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Biteme and BigOL3
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone please do a review with temps.... See my above post... I really shouldn’t spend the money on one... I’m trying to be better at not buying so much stuff. I may have a problem! But if it lowers temps it would be worth it....

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Someone please do a review with temps.... See my above post... I really shouldn’t spend the money on one... I’m trying to be better at not buying so much stuff. I may have a problem! But if it lowers temps it would be worth it....
It's not going to drastically lower the "felt" temps in the machine, but you can definitely see a temp drop in the data. The factory tune has the fan coming on at 222*, where I have mine kicking on at 200*. Still learning the more technical stuff like fuel mapping, and that is where you could potentially see gains in the temp area as they are pretty lean stock.

Stock

After riding 5-6 miles at ~25mph my coolant temp was still at less than 200*. I think we'll be able to get a solid tune together to share soon, just need time to play with the settings. I really want a rock/trail tune and a cruise tune. It's pretty cool to see what these machines have left in them with zero engine mods other than the tuner.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
i feel like we should put a disclaimer at the top of this thread since i don't think any of us are experienced tuners... we are all just learning as far as i know

So keep in mind that I am NOT an expert on this

Here is my opinion:

i doubt it.
its leaner which should improve fuel MPG but its holding in each gear a bit longer so that may negate it.
i don't think the increased timing would affect MPG, but maybe it does.
it probably will just depend on how you drive it.
i doubt dynojet was looking to improve MPG with it, so im betting there is no measurable difference.

i doubt it.
i wouldn't think that they would sell a tune that would make the engine knock and potentially cause damage to it without a bunch of warnings saying to use higher octane fuel.
i ran a timing advance key in my 400EX before that didn't require higher octane fuel. it was 6 deg advance, but that's a different engine. but the 2 deg sounds pretty mild to me.
Lol - change the thread title to "non-experienced PV3 Tuning - Read at your own risk"

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!