HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Here's a few screenshots of what you can modify using the PV3 and the PowerCore software (you can download the software for free from DynoJet):

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well I hooked up my power vision and I can’t flash a tune. It says “error code 420 - file may be corrupt”. Yay!

And it’s 3pm ET and guess what? Dynojet is not open at all on Saturday. I tried calling.

Super excited! What an awesome product with awesome support!

Anyone know how to get it to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Well I hooked up my power vision and I can’t flash a tune. It says “error code 420 - file may be corrupt”. Yay!

And it’s 3pm ET and guess what? Dynojet is not open at all on Saturday. I tried calling.

Super excited! What an awesome product with awesome support!

Anyone know how to get it to work?

Did you try resetting the PV3? I think one of the menu options was "Restore Device" or something along those lines.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Connect the PV3 like a USB drive to a PC and save all the tune files to a safe location. You should have a stock tune (.stk) and the DynotJet tune (.djt) file. Connect it to the Pioneer OBD2 port located beneath the middle seat. Follow the instructions to link it to your machine and upload a tune. Make sure your battery is fully charged prior to this proceedure. Takes about 4 minutes. You can restore it to stock at any time by loading the .stk tune.

You can open the .djt file saved to the PC with the downloadable PowerCore software to view/adjust the tune settings. Save changes as a new .djt file with a new name.

I like the way my maching runs with this tune. I haven't done any comparison 0-40 runs, but seat dyno says it's quicker, as it should be with the adjusted shift pattern and maybe the timing advance.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It says “all necessary files present” or something like that, like it’s supposed to. If I try flashing the djt tune, it gives error 420. So I flashed the stock tune and it works fine - flashes like it’s supposed to. Then I tried to flash the djt tune and it gives the error again. I will try calling them Monday.

Also, I disconnected all accessories and tried and it didn’t make a difference. My battery is fully charged.

I guess I’m the only person that’s had this problem. It also sucks that I have a Mac and no pc. So I’ll have to borrow a pc if I want to flash a tune that I purchased. Why can’t tuners use mac? PCs suck. My Mac is 2011. My dad has gone through at least 4 pcs since I’ve had my Mac and my Mac still works better than his year old computer. I’m such a whiny baby I know! Lol

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go to their website and look in the tune section. upload your INFO file found on the pv3 and awaite your email.
This will give you a tune for your machine.
Download and drag it to the drive.
I had to do this for mine.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Best to call DynoJet on Monday. You could also try downloading a new .djt file from here: Power Vision Tune Finder | Dynojet You have to upload your PV_Info.txt file from the PV3 to identify your machine. I haven't used this option, so don't know how it works, but if the .djt file on your PV3 is corrupt this may fix it. I'd probably just wait for Monday and talk to them. They are pretty responsive.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
It says “all necessary files present” or something like that, like it’s supposed to. If I try flashing the djt tune, it gives error 420. So I flashed the stock tune and it works fine - flashes like it’s supposed to. Then I tried to flash the djt tune and it gives the error again. I will try calling them Monday.

Also, I disconnected all accessories and tried and it didn’t make a difference. My battery is fully charged.

I guess I’m the only person that’s had this problem. It also sucks that I have a Mac and no pc. So I’ll have to borrow a pc if I want to flash a tune that I purchased. Why can’t tuners use mac? PCs suck. My Mac is 2011. My dad has gone through at least 4 pcs since I’ve had my Mac and my Mac still works better than his year old computer. I’m such a whiny baby I know! Lol

Well buddy I’m a whiny baby also🦾🦾🦾 cause I feel the same way. I had to buy a cheap PC just to do the updates on my MM3.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Go to their website and look in the tune section. upload your INFO file found on the pv3 and awaite your email.
This will give you a tune for your machine.
Download and drag it to the drive.
I had to do this for mine.

Well you saved the day again. I was able to flash the dynojet tune after doing this.

Thank you!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
First impressions of the dynojet tune:

Doesn’t seem any faster

Revs out each gear higher, almost like sport mode. I do a lot of dirt road cruising at 25 mph and now it wants to stay in a lower gear. Haven’t tried it in manual mode yet.

I don’t notice any difference in the firmness of the shifting.

I will ride in the woods today and report back.

Don’t expect noticeable gains from the dynojet canned tune. Looks like I’m going to invest in a professional tune.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
rode around a bit yesterday and I really couldn't tell much difference other than the shift points are a little higher. A couple times climbing a long hill (paved) it seemed bit better, like it didn't shift up and lug the engine as much after the shift. That's about the only difference I could notice. No noticeable difference in power. I think I did start to notice a difference in the shifts. hard to describe, but maybe a slight improvement.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got to ride a little bit and basically have the same opinion as @ehart814 but I didn't really have much expectation of a performance increase from 2 deg timing advance and a 2% change in fuel delivery.

i agree the gears are a little long for me in high gear since i am mostly cruising in high (i have 30's and use low most of the time when climbing hills) i will probably go about halfway back to the stock setting from where it is.

I recorded some logs that I plan to look at some time today and see if there looks like a chance to tune it with the stock O2 sensor. i don't think so based on my quick look at the data this weekend, but i need to look at it some more.

i don't think the dynojet tune is adjusting anything in the way the car shifts (firmness). i think that was a Morris claim right?

Reactions: Biteme and ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I got to ride a little bit and basically have the same opinion as @ehart814 but I didn't really have much expectation of a performance increase from 2 deg timing advance and a 2% change in fuel delivery.

i agree the gears are a little long for me in high gear since i am mostly cruising in high (i have 30's and use low most of the time when climbing hills) i will probably go about halfway back to the stock setting from where it is.

I recorded some logs that I plan to look at some time today and see if there looks like a chance to tune it with the stock O2 sensor. i don't think so based on my quick look at the data this weekend, but i need to look at it some more.

i don't think the dynojet tune is adjusting anything in the way the car shifts (firmness). i think that was a Morris claim right?

Yeah, I didn't expect the world from it either. But from what I keep reading about Morris and Hess I think there is quite a bit of potential for gains.

Also, I do have high hopes for cooler temps. I think I noticed the fan running more than it did before, but I didn't really do any low speed woods riding to get heat built up. With the tuning software, I don't think it will be too hard to adjust the fan on/off temps ourselves. After a while, we will get an understanding of how low we can set the temps and still keep the engine in normal operating temp.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't been able to test mine much.
But I did Change the fan temps back closer to stock because I felt like it was always running.

Reactions: Biteme and BigOL3
TI722

TI722

Feb 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
I have the Hess tune. I would be interested in playing around with what else can be unlocked though. I think my first two shift points are now around 4500 RPM and then they drop down to around 4200 and lower if your just cruising. I don't know the exact temp the fan kicks on but I'm pretty sure he told me it was 190. It's definitely lower because my fan would rarely kick on while on an easy drive around of an evening and now it does every once in awhile. so far I'm really happy with it, but like most anyone, more is always better lol. I do have to run 93 oct now. which I almost always ran before anyway.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I haven't been able to test mine much.
But I did Change the fan temps back closer to stock because I felt like it was always running.
What did you set yours to come on and kick off at initially? Mine seems to do pretty well at 200* with a 198* kick off, but I haven't done anything more than drive around the neighborhood. Should be able to get some good trail riding testing done this weekend though.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have the Hess tune. I would be interested in playing around with what else can be unlocked though. I think my first two shift points are now around 4500 RPM and then they drop down to around 4200 and lower if your just cruising. I don't know the exact temp the fan kicks on but I'm pretty sure he told me it was 190. It's definitely lower because my fan would rarely kick on while on an easy drive around of an evening and now it does every once in awhile. so far I'm really happy with it, but like most anyone, more is always better lol. I do have to run 93 oct now. which I almost always ran before anyway.

Can you feel any real increase in power?

TI722

TI722

Feb 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
Can you feel any real increase in power?
yes. I feel it definitely has a bit more giddy up and go. I had a PCV before and it was an improvement over stock, this is a step up from it. I'm not sure if they're all the same but when mine was stock if you smashed the skinny pedal from an idle it had a hesitation before it took off. with the PCV it was better but still had somewhat of one. now it's virtually instant acceleration.

I've been trying to get together with a buddy to drag race but it hasn't worked out yet. both of my sons use it every once in awhile, both noticed the new shift points but only one put the beans to her enough to say he thought it had more power too.
don't get me wrong, it's not mind blowing, but it's seat of the pants worthy. I was hoping to get it on some harder slow trails this weekend to see how much I could tell there but it's not going to work out.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
yes. I feel it definitely has a bit more giddy up and go. I had a PCV before and it was an improvement over stock, this is a step up from it. I'm not sure if they're all the same but when mine was stock if you smashed the skinny pedal from an idle it had a hesitation before it took off. with the PCV it was better but still had somewhat of one. now it's virtually instant acceleration.

I've been trying to get together with a buddy to drag race but it hasn't worked out yet. both of my sons use it every once in awhile, both noticed the new shift points but only one put the beans to her enough to say he thought it had more power too.
don't get me wrong, it's not mind blowing, but it's seat of the pants worthy. I was hoping to get it on some harder slow trails this weekend to see how much I could tell there but it's not going to work out.

Cool, that's the info I wanted. Good to know you can actually feel it.

Reactions: TI722
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!