P1000 Pv3 tune

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I assume different maps are downloadable in the event that I make changes to the machine platform?

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I assume different maps are downloadable in the event that I make changes to the machine platform?
You would have to spend money in a custom tune, the tune is for a stock machine and stock tires.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The PV3 alone with the Dynojet tune and some mild changes to the fan logic is really great. It's a bit peppier and a lot cooler.

The Morris tune shifts harsher and seems to hold higher RPM, it also removes a lot of the engine braking that I really like on these machines.
So now my quandary is this; I like the upshift points exactly where they’re at and if not I can tug the paddle and make it do what I want. Are they able to leave the stock upshift points alone and only increase the duration of the downshift? I like the idea of a longer duration between downshifts because I feel like they don’t have enough roll out and downshift too soon.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You would have to spend money in a custom tune, the tune is for a stock machine and stock tires.
So now my quandary is this; I like the upshift points exactly where they’re at and if not I can tug the paddle and make it do what I want. Are they able to leave the stock upshift points alone and only increase the duration of the downshift? I like the idea of a longer duration between downshifts because I feel like they don’t have enough roll out and downshift too soon.
They can do anything you as far as shift points go. If you wanted them only the clutch holding capacity and keep the shift points they can do that no problem.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks
They can do anything you as far as shift points go. If you wanted them only the clutch holding capacity and keep the shift points they can do that no problem.
Thanks for the info!

I really think there needs to be a pinned thread on this stuff, especially if it helps with cab temps which seems to be a big issue with new owners.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So... I did the full send kit. I sent them my head, cam, injectors, throttle body's, and throttle body intakes. They milled, ported, and polished the head, installed stonger valve springs, lapped the valves and verified for proper lash, custom grind with a lot more duration on the cam, larger injectors, and bored the throttle bodies, and intakes. Sent it all back to me with a New K&N filter, PV3 with custom tuning, a Talon ECM, and all my modified parts back to me. The install is a breeze with exception of setting the timing can be a lil fussy if you're by yourself like me.

I did all the proper break in heat cycles, and then began data logging. I sent my log to Zach. He reviewed and immediately made some changes, and sent me a new file to flash... we did this back and forth until he got this thing dialed in. The thing is now a friggin monster...literally. Pulls the front tires when romped in Low range.

Because I did the head work, we are now working with tuning it to the new E85 tunes, which are just making this thing all the more rowdy. I am in the process of installing a custom cage now because its too sketchy without.

We also have a 2020 Talon X, and the pioneer can stay side by side to about 45mph in a race, and depending who is faster off the line (when I'm in the Pioneer lol) it can beat the Talon to the 40mph mark easily.

I did not do a dyno run before and after, and probably never will, because all I care about is real world testing, and mine has proven that the Morris brothers tunes and motor work are indeed legit. I also don't care about other people's problems with them being "mean". I wasn't looking for a girlfriend, nor a friend, I was just looking for the most power for my buck.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Didn't see this post before, but you can tune the shift points however you want with the PV3:

Reactions: michdave
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
So... I did the full send kit. I sent them my head, cam, injectors, throttle body's, and throttle body intakes. They milled, ported, and polished the head, installed stonger valve springs, lapped the valves and verified for proper lash, custom grind with a lot more duration on the cam, larger injectors, and bored the throttle bodies, and intakes. Sent it all back to me with a New K&N filter, PV3 with custom tuning, a Talon ECM, and all my modified parts back to me. The install is a breeze with exception of setting the timing can be a lil fussy if you're by yourself like me.

I did all the proper break in heat cycles, and then began data logging. I sent my log to Zach. He reviewed and immediately made some changes, and sent me a new file to flash... we did this back and forth until he got this thing dialed in. The thing is now a friggin monster...literally. Pulls the front tires when romped in Low range.

Because I did the head work, we are now working with tuning it to the new E85 tunes, which are just making this thing all the more rowdy. I am in the process of installing a custom cage now because its too sketchy without.

We also have a 2020 Talon X, and the pioneer can stay side by side to about 45mph in a race, and depending who is faster off the line (when I'm in the Pioneer lol) it can beat the Talon to the 40mph mark easily.

I did not do a dyno run before and after, and probably never will, because all I care about is real world testing, and mine has proven that the Morris brothers tunes and motor work are indeed legit. I also don't care about other people's problems with them being "mean". I wasn't looking for a girlfriend, nor a friend, I was just looking for the most power for my buck.
What size/type tire are you running? Also curious what you typically ride (trails, dunes, woods, etc). Thanks for the feedback

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size/type tire are you running? Also curious what you typically ride (trails, dunes, woods, etc). Thanks for the feedback

I'm running Tusk Terrabite 30's, custom A Arms with 2.5" forward, and 3" of built in lift, along with 814 shocks. We rarely ride dunes, but trails, woods, back roads, mud, hills.

Reactions: Adam490
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Sorry if I missed it, but sent to who and how much?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!