P500 Question about 29" tires

R

rambochance

Oct 28, 2019
Cartersville
Ownership

1. 500
Guys, first time posting here and new P500 owner. A friend of mine gave me a set of 29" Maxxis Bighorns for my P500 that is bone stock currently. What, if any, modifications will I need to do in order for these tires to fit and not rub? Thanks in advance!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
29" is on the big side.
Normally people have been cutting the corner off the frame like this :

P500 - Pictures of the P500 frame mod completed?

To go big you need to follow in the footsteps of @Bastardchild :

P500 - P500 frame mod

(In case anyone was wondering, I am not cutting my frame - just pointing out what was posted on the interweb)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Guys, first time posting here and new P500 owner. A friend of mine gave me a set of 29" Maxxis Bighorns for my P500 that is bone stock currently. What, if any, modifications will I need to do in order for these tires to fit and not rub? Thanks in advance!

You could get away with forward arched A arms and fit 29's. There's a company out of FL that makes them, believe they're called Ridin Dirty.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!