P1000 Question

H

Heightful

Nov 2, 2016
South eastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I bought the highlifter diver down snorkel kit and I figured since highlifter is a reputable brand, they would know everything that needs to be vented.....airbox, radiator,front dif,rear dif, sub trans, and fuel tank, nothing was mentioned about the brake adjuster box, so my question is does it really need to be vented or is everyone doing it for safety sake? Just wondering if it's necessary, has anyone had 1 apart to see what's there? Thank you to all that replies
H8ful

H

Heightful

Nov 2, 2016
South eastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry but it says I don't have permission to view that link you posted, and I don't believe I was hateful about it lol, just saying

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry but it says I don't have permission to view that link you posted, and I don't believe I was hateful about it lol, just saying

Try this link. You should find a lot of good info here and it will lead to other links as well.

And please try not to be so hateful! Haha

P1000 - Snorkel vent tubes

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I bought the highlifter diver down snorkel kit and I figured since highlifter is a reputable brand, they would know everything that needs to be vented.....airbox, radiator,front dif,rear dif, sub trans, and fuel tank, nothing was mentioned about the brake adjuster box, so my question is does it really need to be vented or is everyone doing it for safety sake? Just wondering if it's necessary, has anyone had 1 apart to see what's there? Thank you to all that replies
H8ful
That last link posted should do it. Just some info...

It's not the brake adjustment box. It's the drive mode adjustment box. It is vented, but low. It's best to vent it up to keep water out. One guy got water in it and the cables froze, causing him a lot of headache until he could thaw it.

H

Heightful

Nov 2, 2016
South eastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you AKRIDER it was the answer I was looking for, I just needed it explained to me was all, I had contacted highlifter today and they said it's all included what you need and I tried to explain to her and all she could say was all the techs was either at lunch or on the phone but someone would email me but I never heard back from them but thanks for clearing that up for me I greatly appreciate it

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you AKRIDER it was the answer I was looking for, I just needed it explained to me was all, I had contacted highlifter today and they said it's all included what you need and I tried to explain to her and all she could say was all the techs was either at lunch or on the phone but someone would email me but I never heard back from them but thanks for clearing that up for me I greatly appreciate it
One more thing. Don't do the belows. People have blown out their diff seals with them. Vent everything as high as you can. My suggestion is to vent the sub trans and fuel tank separately. Everything else can be teed to eliminate redundancy. Run them as high as you can, no matter how deep you think you might go. I ran all mine to the roof.

H

Heightful

Nov 2, 2016
South eastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah the kit came with hoses to vent and no bellows, I was glad to see that because I wasn't comfortable about using bellows, I also vented the fuel tank separately just because of fumes, I appreciate the info AKRIDER thanks

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!