Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Today, I laid to rest my final old fuel can. He was taken out by a rouge ax after fueling a lawn mower today!

The SureCan's gathered to host a remembrance service at the grave site.
Though we mourn the loss, we can't help but celebrate.

Old Safety Can... You will be remembered.
Your spills all over my shoes while trying to fill up my chainsaw. The pretty colors you left in the water when transferring fuel into the boat. The wonderful aroma of gas you left on everyone who touched you. The long times we spent together trying to empty you. The fatigue you left me trying to hold you, oh so right. The falling over every time we rode to the gas station...
Old Safety Can..... You will be remembered but you want be missed...
God Bless!

IMG 7767 8 9 tonemapped

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today, I laid to rest my final old fuel can. He was taken out by a rough ax after fueling a lawn mower today!

Your spills all over my shoes while trying to fill up my chainsaw. The pretty colors you left in the water when transferring fuel into the boat. The wonderful aroma of gas you left on everyone who touched you. The long times we spent together trying to empty you. The fatigue you left me trying to hold you, oh so right. The falling over every time we rode to the gas station...
God Bless!

View attachment 40203
I wish I had that much time on my hands to do that. Lol

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 4035
Today, I laid to rest my final old fuel can. He was taken out by a rough ax after fueling a lawn mower today!

God Bless!

View attachment 40203
I don't know what it is about safety cans but they all like to touch tips.

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

God Bless!

View attachment 40203

The flowers on the cross are a nice touch. Bless your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you still want to get use out of the newer eco friendly jugs, you can buy the Hi-Flo gas spouts. They're made to replace the spout on your old worn out gas jugs.....conveniently they thread on just the same to the new style jugs and come with the vent, you just have to drill the back of the jug.

Tractor supply has them for $11
Amazon.com: Hi-Flo Gas Can Spout Kit: Automotive

Reactions: swsebek
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I hated those safety cans so much especially filling larger takes that we just use empty 5 gallon paint thinner cans

Sure can would work great to carry in the sxs might just consider that.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just take the lids off and pour directly out of my "safety can". Such a stupid thing. Another over reach of the EPA.

I think some people have much more patience with those damn things then some of us!

J

Jshell3

I think some people have much more patience with those damn things then some of us!
You should see me pouring 5 gallons of diesel into my tractor w the overreaching EPA safety nozzle.

The process takes 10 mins of me holding 20lbs worth of diesel Shoulder high.

Shoulders and neck muscles - Feel the BURN!

All the while the whistling sound of tiny air bubbles being drawn back into the yellow jug.

I hate it.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should see me pouring 5 gallons of diesel into my tractor w the overreaching EPA safety nozzle.

The process takes 10 mins of me holding 20lbs worth of diesel Shoulder high.

Shoulders and neck muscles - Feel the BURN!

All the while the whistling sound of tiny air bubbles being drawn back into the yellow jug.

I hate it.

Large funnel and no spout on your can. Problem solved.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!