P700 RADIATOR FAN SENSOR HOSE W/PIC

T

TRIPEVANS

May 12, 2018
FLORIDA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good morning from Florida.
I recently purchased a 2016 700-4 with ~50 hrs on it, and within 30 min of flat driving it began overheating. There are no coolant leaks, and I was told the SXS always had Honda coolant. I noticed that the cooling fan never came on, and the radiator coils were completely clogged with mud. I cleaned out the coils with coil cleaner and water, and upon removing the radiator, I realized the rubber hose connected to the cooling fan sensor was not connected to anything on the other end (see picture). My question is where does this sensor hose connect? Thank you for your help!!!
20180512 074656

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey, welcome to the club.
This actually connects to nothing. Its a air vent tube for the motor. But water could enter it if its not tended to or the previous owner had it fairly deep. From Factory it runs up long and into the frame somewhere there below the dash.

The fan is 12v. You should test it while you have it off before you start looking at other reasons for it not to come on!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Pa
By the looks of that fan it was in muddy water
That hose just clips in beside the fan right there.
It can be extended to go under dash,

IMG 4398

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
More then likely filled up fan motor with grit from mud and fan is no longer any good I replaced one on mine before I realized it had a vent line y they have a vent I have no idea probably so when you get in mud it ruins the motor and they can sale you one

Reactions: Smitty335
P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I killed my fan motor as well with minimal hours on my machine. Swap out the fan motor, and most importantly, raise that hose up! I took mine up to underneath the dash to the highest point I could and goosenecked it back down about 4 inches to prevent splash ups possibly getting in there.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you absolutely have to remove the radiator to get to the fan or did you just do that because you were cleaning it?
Assuming your asking the OP your question cuz You didnt tag anyone.
Dont forget to do this @Archer so they get a message so they can answer you. But this thread is 5yrs old and the OP hasnt been on the forum In 5 yrs. My guess is he sold the rig most likely. If your having issues, I would suggest stating a new thread.

Also, you have 3 posts no intro and no pics of your rig yet. Better start one or these guys get mad.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Welcome fellow Michigander.

Archer

Archer

May 10, 2021
SE Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Assuming your asking the OP your question cuz You didnt tag anyone.
Dont forget to do this @Archer so they get a message so they can answer you. But this thread is 5yrs old and the OP hasnt been on the forum In 5 yrs. My guess is he sold the rig most likely. If your having issues, I would suggest stating a new thread.

Also, you have 3 posts no intro and no pics of your rig yet. Better start one or these guys get mad.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Welcome fellow Michigander.
Point taken!

Reactions: Remington
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!