Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have seen this done on pretty much every dedicated mud truck out there, never on a sxs though. Very cool!

M0oseMeat

M0oseMeat

Mar 17, 2017
Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
that seems to be what I have now is a small swamp buggy lol. the mud is soupy it is liquid but has a viscosity similar to drillers mud, when it dries it crumbles into a fine powder that seems to get on and in everything. I don't notice much noise from the fan it blows the hot air back away from the cab. I get more noise from the intake of the snorkel being close to my head. I have notice a small increase in throttle response with the snorkel. next on the list is a power programmer and a pipe if they ever make one. I have been in water up over the dash, drove down washouts in fields, drive in creeks. this thing climbs through just about anything that the big 4 wheelers do I am very impressed with it.

I will look into relocating my rad eventually but will snorkel it and bring the gas tube up higher.. I live in northern Alberta and its rough terrain! mostly sand tho. I find myself pushing quite a bit of water sometimes and am worried at the moment with no mods.. have you had any electrical issues due to all the water? the battery/fuses being right behind and under the passenger seat?

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i greased all of the terminals with dielectric grease and i drilled an extra drain hole in the bottom of the battery box. the switches i used for extra lighting and the winch are IP67 rated. so far no issues. water doesnt seem to be a problem on the radiator it is normally mud that cakes in it and causes a loss of heat transfer.

Reactions: rocmar
Panzer

Panzer

Apr 17, 2015
Menominee, Mi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't have a pioneer yet but the buggy that i do have has the radiator mounted behind the seats on the roll cage.
When the fan kicks in you can hardly hear it with the motor running. I wired a small LED light to the dash just to let me know when it does come on. The only thing i don't like is the blind spot it creates but it gets great air flow there and and hardly runs when its cooler out.

I know some guys will use a honda civic radiator kit. You can buy them on ebay for around $100. 3 ROW FULL ALUMINUM RACING RADIATOR &SHROUD FAN FOR Honda Civic EG EK 92-00 PRO
IMG 0417 2

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good job on mod. Reverse fan direction for a winter cab heater?? Sounds interesting. Box enclosure would definitely dress it up. Worked in old Cadillac style ambulance which did the same in rear, scavaged an old one (same size as a P500 radiator) and installed in back of custom van with no problems.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have a pioneer yet but the buggy that i do have has the radiator mounted behind the seats on the roll cage.
When the fan kicks in you can hardly hear it with the motor running. I wired a small LED light to the dash just to let me know when it does come on. The only thing i don't like is the blind spot it creates but it gets great air flow there and and hardly runs when its cooler out.

I know some guys will use a honda civic radiator kit. You can buy them on ebay for around $100. 3 ROW FULL ALUMINUM RACING RADIATOR &SHROUD FAN FOR Honda Civic EG EK 92-00 PROView attachment 40519

Seen that setup. ..alot in
utah...running sandrails
...very effective.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got me thinking about heating cab next winter. Any one run flex duct hose and/or boat blower behind radiator to cab, or add a passive vent under dash? Wonder how warm it gets under the hood. Looks like some did a similar mod from the engine compartment, which looks like it could get steam from water hitting the muffler.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Got me thinking about heating cab next winter. Any one run flex duct hose and/or boat blower behind radiator to cab, or add a passive vent under dash? Wonder how warm it gets under the hood. Looks like some did a similar mod from the engine compartment, which looks like it could get steam from water hitting the muffler.
If your enclosed..in a p5
No heat needed...seat heat
is plenty...need fan to keep
condestation off window
enclosed is like 25sg ft
...is wat I've experienced

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Seen a guy...got 2"abs black plastic pipe..got heat blanket...
routed it from under hood....to cup holders...
blowing air..with tiny computer fans...
very effective

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just have full windshield, roof and rear panel, no doors. a little warm air from front would be nice addition to some of the seat belt heat. Rainy day project.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!