P500 RAM Mount Help needed P-500

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I want to be able to mount an iPad air (9.4' x 6.6') as a navigation device using RAM Mounts. I've searched Amazon and the variety is frankly, overwhelming. I'm not sure where to mount the ball, or where is the best attachment for the P-500.

I would sure appreciate any advice.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to be able to mount an iPad air (9.4' x 6.6') as a navigation device using RAM Mounts. I've searched Amazon and the variety is frankly, overwhelming. I'm not sure where to mount the ball, or where is the best attachment for the P-500.

Have you got a picture of your dash?
Where do you want it mounted? over head? dash? windshield pillar?

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
BikeBandit had ROP OEM quick clamps if that helps. Mounted 2 way radio. 41.3MM dia tube (1 and 5/8 inch diameter - approx). Think of similar to rear view or side pillar mirror.

7AEE2010 AEA2 4A81 9E7C BA7257DA9661 1ED74E8A F924 44C8 81F5 EC6B1014BE99 13D7EF7A 41EE 4C42 B3B8 686B458463A1

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaden01
RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have any real extra room on the dashboard. I'm mainly want to know what others have done to mount the RAM Mount on the P-500.

Thanks

Reactions: Dp5hunter
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

I have a split mount mounted just ahead of the steering wheel and it holds two iphones , one for nav one for phone . Keeps them right in view and easy to access .

Reactions: RobbieS
RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I have a split mount mounted just ahead of the steering wheel and it holds two iphones , one for nav one for phone . Keeps them right in view and easy to access .

Huck, I have an iPhone now on a magnetic post that seems to work ok. My problem is that I'm getting older and the iPhone mapping (GAIA) which doesn't need an internet connection, we're finding that the screen is too small. I have an iPad air that is older (already paid for :) and would be perfect....it is 9.4" by 6.6", which is pretty big for putting on the dash.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is how I have my ipad mounted. I would suggest a better attachment than the X grip I used. I am not impressed with it. I have a new tablet to install over the winter. It will be in the same location, but uses a locking dock from Ram. It will charge as soon as you place it in the dock.

IMG 20170820 125730

advertisement
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Huck, I have an iPhone now on a magnetic post that seems to work ok. My problem is that I'm getting older and the iPhone mapping (GAIA) which doesn't need an internet connection, we're finding that the screen is too small. I have an iPad air that is older (already paid for :) and would be perfect....it is 9.4" by 6.6", which is pretty big for putting on the dash.
I see your point . I have a friend that mounted his on the roll bar above and in front of his face . He likes it , I don't .

RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
This is how I have my ipad mounted. I would suggest a better attachment than the X grip I used. I am not impressed with it. I have a new tablet to install over the winter. It will be in the same location, but uses a locking dock from Ram. It will charge as soon as you place it in the dock.

View attachment 85429
Yep, that's what I'm looking to see. Think that location will work fine for my P-5. Is the x grip what is holding the tablet?....or is it the mount on the dash? That looks like a great setup, like that it is near the 12v outlet too. Any idea which locking dock from Ram you are considering?....any clues here are greatly appreciated!!

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500

IMG 0807 The magnetic attached mount connected to the ball works really well, easy on and off and quick when changing devices, from cell phone to iPad, etc,. It's what we use in our utility Helicopters, and on my Honda Foreman and P500.

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, that's what I'm looking to see. Think that location will work fine for my P-5. Is the x grip what is holding the tablet?....or is it the mount on the dash? That looks like a great setup, like that it is near the 12v outlet too. Any idea which locking dock from Ram you are considering?....any clues here are greatly appreciated!!

I will see if I have all the components here at camp this weekend to mock up a picture for you. Nothing wrong with the X grip, I just don't care for it for this application.

Hit up amazon and look up "ram track" see if you can mount a piece on your dash. You can add a cup holder for your passenger, or some other ram accessory to make your ride better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!