P1000 RB3 Replacement Door Bushings

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DOORS RATTLE? GET YOUR RB3OFFROAD Replacement Door Bushings are now in for your 2016-2019 Honda Pioneer 1000!

- Adds Stability

- Drastically reduces the rattling noise

- Black Delrin

- Comes in a set of 4 (2doors)
Door bushings

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I bought these an installed them per the directions. Still getting some pretty good rattles out of driver side door. Any ideas?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought these an installed them per the directions. Still getting some pretty good rattles out of driver side door. Any ideas?
I installed the new bushings after my kids did pull ups on the open door and oblonged the holes a bit. I also drilled a small hole by the bushings and filled with great stuff foam. Really fixed it and 2 yrs now and still tight.

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got mine and installed them. They went in as easy as you say and tighten up the doors nicely. I am a little disappointed that you didn't combine the shipping charges when ordering 2 sets.

H

HappyCamper

Feb 15, 2020
Wyo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I wrote the above, I had the back doors installed and did the drivers door yesterday and am trying to do the passenger door today but am having a problem. Someone at the factory had their air wrench set on kill. I can't even begin to budge the bolts on the pass. door. I already rounded the top two and was using a six sided socket that I'd ground flat on the end so I could get the maximum purchase on these shallow bolt heads. Anyone else have this problem and does anyone know any tricks to getting these bolts out? Once out, I'll be replacing them. I may have to drive around with one rattley door, ;-)

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I wrote the above, I had the back doors installed and did the drivers door yesterday and am trying to do the passenger door today but am having a problem. Someone at the factory had their air wrench set on kill. I can't even begin to budge the bolts on the pass. door. I already rounded the top two and was using a six sided socket that I'd ground flat on the end so I could get the maximum purchase on these shallow bolt heads. Anyone else have this problem and does anyone know any tricks to getting these bolts out? Once out, I'll be replacing them. I may have to drive around with one rattley door, ;-)
You are going to need some heat to break the loctite loose on the door. Grab your most HD soldering iron, crank it up and hold it on the bolt until it gets warm.

A mini-ductor is an option if you have one, but be very careful. It could melt the nut half in the body. (It may be part of the frame, i'm not entirely sure)

R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I installed the new bushings after my kids did pull ups on the open door and oblonged the holes a bit. I also drilled a small hole by the bushings and filled with great stuff foam. Really fixed it and 2 yrs now and still tight.
Hello, thanks for the input about using spray foam
Hello Plumber32, Thanks for the spray foam idea. Can you please share some details as to where you put the foam? Was it inside the bushing before installing the pin, inside the housing before installing the bushings? If the latter can you explain the sequence of how you did the foaming and then how you installed the bushings? Did it matter which half of the bushing was installed first? Thanks for taking the time to clarify the process.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, thanks for the input about using spray foam

Hello Plumber32, Thanks for the spray foam idea. Can you please share some details as to where you put the foam? Was it inside the bushing before installing the pin, inside the housing before installing the bushings? If the latter can you explain the sequence of how you did the foaming and then how you installed the bushings? Did it matter which half of the bushing was installed first? Thanks for taking the time to clarify the process.
I put the new bushings in first, bolted it all back up and drilled a tiny hole in the knuckle that holds the bushings. And sprayed in the hole let set overnight. Still solid after several years now.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
advertisement
R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I put the new bushings in first, bolted it all back up and drilled a tiny hole in the knuckle that holds the bushings. And sprayed in the hole let set overnight. Still solid after several years now.
Thanks. Sounds easy but let me be sure about what you said. I think the foam ended between the knuckle and the bushing? What size hole did drill? Would you recommend drilling prior to installation of the bushing or after? If after, does it matter how deep into the bushing you go? Thanks for any additional information.

Reactions: Lady01
R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Try a heat gun and see if it will help. Also there are sockets made especially for bolts with rounded heads. Good luck.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. Sounds easy but let me be sure about what you said. I think the foam ended between the knuckle and the bushing? What size hole did drill? Would you recommend drilling prior to installation of the bushing or after? If after, does it matter how deep into the bushing you go? Thanks for any additional information.
Put in new bushings, put door on. Drill hole slightly larger than straw for great stuff foam.

B

BigtineBowhunter

Mar 29, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you get the bolts out? I had the same issue this weekend trying to replace my bushings with the RB3s. Some of my bolts were already rounded off before I even put a socket on them. Wondering how you got yours out and where you were able to find replacement bolts?

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
DOORS RATTLE? GET YOUR RB3OFFROAD Replacement Door Bushings are now in for your 2016-2019 Honda Pioneer 1000!

- Adds Stability

- Drastically reduces the rattling noise

- Black Delrin

- Comes in a set of 4 (2doors)
View attachment 162259

This is the first mod I made, so glad RB3 was there! Thank you!

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered 2 sets of @RB3offroad door bushings to do all 4 doors. They all have slop in them and I’ve finally had enough with the rattles. JULY4 discount coupon code helped offset the AZ tax. Hope the monsoon happens this year so the forests reopen. In the meantime I’ll give the P1005 some bolt on upgrades…

Last edited:
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve had mine sitting on the shelf for over 6 months, so far my doors on my 21 1000-5 aren’t rattling or I don’t notice it, bed doesn’t rattle either. I’ll eventually get them installed.

advertisement