Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yea so would I, however just started calving so I have very little time. Couple hours a night to weld right now works. lol. Love that D-ring hell I've seen less on D-9's lol.
My cows are due to start in about a week or two, that's why I need to hurry up and finish!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
And with the spare tire mounted and Hondasxs.com sticker in place..... I am done!!!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
very nice mr.flynn

Reactions: Tflynn
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Looks dam good. However you forgot man's best friend..

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was a little hesitant when you said you were going to bring it off the back, instead of out the side like the stock rack. I must say though, that you have done a very impressive job. It looks very well built and planned out. You should be very proud of your design and fab work. Way better then 4P stock version. Enjoy, but I hope you don't need to use it more then Tow hook once and a while.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. With a little more engine and a little more suspension it would be a "700 sport"! Now I just have to mount a jack and I'll be ready to go hit the trails.

Reactions: trigger
B128462

B128462

Mar 3, 2016
Chicago
That came out awesome! I'm not a welder or a fabricator but I really wish I would've read your post prior to starting my project. I don't have a bender and didn't even THINK of checking out harbor freight, so ended up cutting angles and welding (after trial and error) I also used some scrap conduit to mock up but wow a bender would've been great. And that notcher sure beats grinding! Great tips and nice finished product! Thanks for sharing

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was just checking this out again. Really cool, you may have inspired me to to go get a bender and notcher.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That came out awesome! I'm not a welder or a fabricator but I really wish I would've read your post prior to starting my project. I don't have a bender and didn't even THINK of checking out harbor freight, so ended up cutting angles and welding (after trial and error) I also used some scrap conduit to mock up but wow a bender would've been great. And that notcher sure beats grinding! Great tips and nice finished product! Thanks for sharing
Thanks for the kind words! Can't wait to see yours when it's done!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was just checking this out again. Really cool, you may have inspired me to to go get a bender and notcher.
Do it! Build the first custom cage on a P1000! I'm not sure I'd recommend that bender because it does struggle with high degree bends (30 degrees and up) unless you are using thicker wall tube but if you know that going in, you can work around it. Tools are like guns, can you ever have enough? And once you have those tools think of what all you can make- bed extender, rock sliders, passenger grab bar.... the list goes on!

Reactions: joeymt33
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got to take the pioneer out for a nice ride last weekend. I really felt good having a spare tire along with me! Ice chest and recovery tools etc. fit nicely under, or in some cases, mounted to the cage. All in all I'm happy with this add on, even with losing use of the tailgate. It's easy to remove by myself but I find I mostly prefer it on. My one annoyance is the D-ring on the back clanks around a bit but that's usually only on very rough terrain or if I "accidentally" happen to get airborne!

Reactions: joeymt33
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
A small piece of string can hold it tight or a zip-tie

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks awesome!! I am new to SxS and four wheelers, and I am finding some awesome projects for my SxS, four wheeler, and my trailer...

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks awesome!! I am new to SxS and four wheelers, and I am finding some awesome projects for my SxS, four wheeler, and my trailer...
Thank you! You'll never be bored again, make sure and show us your projects!

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks real good you can carry a lot of stuff you need and still have room in the bed. You did a nice job.

Reactions: Mudwing and Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!