Talon Rear gear bag

S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Poor zippers they didn’t work well from the start now they are locked up and separating I advise not buying Honda gear bag any other options out there
Do Honda accessories carry a year replacement warranty like other brands? As for options you might give PRP a call and see if they're working on any Talon bags.

H

HondaTech

Do Honda accessories carry a year replacement warranty like other brands? As for options you might give PRP a call and see if they're working on any Talon bags.

Most Honda accessories carry 1 year warranty from date of purchase. Not sure about luggage/bags?

I'll look into though.

Last edited:
Reactions: stellarpod
C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Poor zippers they didn’t work well from the start now they are locked up and separating I advise not buying Honda gear bag any other options out there
I returned mine and got a full refund. Zippers were very poor.

Reactions: carlsonjmc
W

willpower35

Mar 30, 2019
clinton ny
Ownership

1. 1000-5
same here zippers are stuck, plus it gets wet inside and smells horrible. im gonna look into the plastic cargo box

G

GDMAC

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2019
Chicago, IL
Ownership

1. Talon R
Bought hard cargo box on Amazon. Fits perfect works great. Installed 4 D rings to help secure.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HL7UJ2/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: carlsonjmc
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Bought hard cargo box on Amazon. Fits perfect works great. Installed 4 D rings to help secure.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HL7UJ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have two of those boxes mounted on the rack of my P5. Tractor supply for $10 less apiece. Buy a roll of EPDM weatherstripping 1/2' W x 1/4" H and put Around the rim of the lid so it will keep water n dust out. Works great. Tough boxes. Honda SXS sticker covers the Tractor Sullpy label perfectly too!!!

WB

advertisement
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I use a Dewalt toolbox that holds all my stuff and makes a perfect rack for my spare . All held in by the 2 ratchet straps to the factory D rings , So far it's working great and I have great rear view mirror vision too . IMG 1868

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought a cargo box at Walmart for $20 and mounted it with Clevis pins with fender washers under the pin head and hairpin cotters for a quick release. No straps and works well so far.

IMG 20190618 144726 Edit
Shown mounted in place

IMG 20190618 143901 Edit
This is the box I bought

IMG 20190618 144257 Edit

This is the inside view

Reactions: Bmp4510 and HUCK