Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I imagine you didn't slice the bushing all the way thru? Just a shallow slot? Any fear that the bushing will split where you added the slot? How deep did you make the slot? Thanks.
Only about 0.020"

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to mention, when installing rear a arms this is a good time to remove the sway bar if desired. I unbolted mine from the link bars, unbolted the saddle mounts on each side and removed it after I took one upper a arm loose.

Reactions: JTW
B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to mention, when installing rear a arms this is a good time to remove the sway bar if desired. I unbolted mine from the link bars, unbolted the saddle mounts on each side and removed it after I took one upper a arm loose.
Thanks. I did pull the sway bar when I was at it. More because it was not going back on easy. It seems ok without it.

My camber is still a bit too positive. Hopefully I'll have a little time over Memorial Day to make a couple adjustments and try and get it closer to straight. Right now, the weather man says rain for the holiday weekend. If he is correct, I'll be staying home. Hopefully it will look a bit better and I can get the family to the lake house and find a few minutes to adjust again.

Thanks!!

Reactions: Hondoman
Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I did pull the sway bar when I was at it. More because it was not going back on easy. It seems ok without it.

My camber is still a bit too positive. Hopefully I'll have a little time over Memorial Day to make a couple adjustments and try and get it closer to straight. Right now, the weather man says rain for the holiday weekend. If he is correct, I'll be staying home. Hopefully it will look a bit better and I can get the family to the lake house and find a few minutes to adjust again.

Thanks!!
I have the highlifter bracket lift, not sure if you do too but I have 3/4" threads showing. This is from adjusting out five turns from the way mine came in the box. This put me with a slight negative camber (1/8") which is what I was going for. I'll re-check after some miles.

If I had it to do over I would have greased them prior to installation like someone said above. Not the easiest thing to do once installed.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know what the tabs are for?
20190519 204508

Reactions: ohanacreek
B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the highlifter bracket lift, not sure if you do too but I have 3/4" threads showing. This is from adjusting out five turns from the way mine came in the box. This put me with a slight negative camber (1/8") which is what I was going for. I'll re-check after some miles.

If I had it to do over I would have greased them prior to installation like someone said above. Not the easiest thing to do once installed.
Yea. - I have the bracket lift too.

I turned them all the way in, and then back out using the degrees / revolution recommended above based on my measurement after the initial set up.

For some reason my passenger side shock is pretty tough to align with the control arm, so it makes the job a pain. It took some 'motivation' of the bolt to get it in. The drivers side is pretty easy and only takes a couple minutes to adjust.

I did grease them on the bench before the install. I had to then use a clamp to squeeze the bushings in before installing the arms. I question how much grease actually squeezes between the bushings and the arms. When I squeezed the bushings back in, a bunch of grease came back out the fitting. I guess time will tell if the grease is effective. If I wear out the bushings, I'll slot the next set like was suggested above.

Reactions: Hondoman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!