P1000 rear suspension

Nkbrucks1

Nkbrucks1

Nov 15, 2020
West of Chiraq IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had their 1000-5 rear wheels look like this / \ after just 1100 miles of road riding? bearings are tight bushings are tight nothing wet on the shock from leaking. Never had more than two little kids in car seats in the back. Machine is a 2021. Will get pics tonight.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine looks the same at only 400 miles. As far as I know no adjustments can be made to the stock machine to correct it, the only fix is aftermarket A-arms that have adjustments.
Heres mine from a few months back with minimal load in the bed.

EC5BCC34 1E29 4768 9220 B28F11D55A9B

Reactions: JenElio
Nkbrucks1

Nkbrucks1

Nov 15, 2020
West of Chiraq IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine looks the same at only 400 miles. As far as I know no adjustments can be made to the stock machine to correct it, the only fix is aftermarket A-arms that have adjustments.
Heres mine from a few months back with minimal load in the bed.

View attachment 342437
Ya I was hoping to not have to buy the arched a arms quite yet or shocks. Pretty s***ty that they are supposed to be load leveling but they can't even support the weight of the machine it's self. Might try spring spacers just for a cheap try.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SuperATV says to adjust their a arms to 1-2 degrees negative camber. Meaning the top of the tires will lean in toward the center of the machine. I have my SuperATV a arms adjusted to 1.5 degrees negative. Do you have any way of figuring out what yours are? I have a digital klein angle finder and put a level on the outside of the tire from top to bottom. I'm just curious what angle yours are at

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone had their 1000-5 rear wheels look like this / \ after just 1100 miles of road riding? bearings are tight bushings are tight nothing wet on the shock from leaking. Never had more than two little kids in car seats in the back. Machine is a 2021. Will get pics tonight.
Your “STOCK” all stock P1’s have that. You can only “FIX“ it with new arms. The SATV arms allow u to adjust the camber. Im sure other brands do as well but im not 100%sure. Your machine has done that from day one. You either A never noticed it, or B was parked just right.

Nkbrucks1

Nkbrucks1

Nov 15, 2020
West of Chiraq IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your “STOCK” all stock P1’s have that. You can only “FIX“ it with new arms. The SATV arms allow u to adjust the camber. Im sure other brands do as well but im not 100%sure. Your machine has done that from day one. You either A never noticed it, or B was parked just right.
Definitely was not like that utill around 700 Miles. Looks like a damn worn out polaris sportsman now.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Definitely was not like that utill around 700 Miles. Looks like a damn worn out polaris sportsman now.
Unfortunatly they are that way from the factory. Not quite as severe at 700 miles cuz the machine hadn't settled in yet. It was there! Search up top and you will see this all over from 16’ to present

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from south Florida.

After a few hundred miles the stock shocks/springs start to settle and the camber is noticeably different (it's normal) doesn't affect the performance of the machine whatsoever. And like stated above, only way to correct it is getting adjustable a-arms.

Good luck 👍

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
SuperATV says to adjust their a arms to 1-2 degrees negative camber. Meaning the top of the tires will lean in toward the center of the machine. I have my SuperATV a arms adjusted to 1.5 degrees negative. Do you have any way of figuring out what yours are? I have a digital klein angle finder and put a level on the outside of the tire from top to bottom. I'm just curious what angle yours are at
Unless you guide yourself off of the rim, how can you be sure the tire angle is correct? When on the ground the tire will bulge out more at the bottom then the top...... I'm no expert by any means, when I did my rear SATV arms I just stood back and checked till it looked "good to me" 😂😂 been like that for at about 1,500 miles and no issues 🤞

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!