BOX1

P500 Rear view camera Install

D

Duckhunt

Installed a dual rear view camera a few months ago and seems to be holding up, thought I'd share. Just a cheapo from Amazon. I fabbed the bracket to move the monitor fwd as much as possible, much easier to quick glance. I felt the factory Honda mirror was right in my face even when adjusted fwd the maximum. It has infrared too for night. Also I have a front camera mounted low for crawling through stuff I can't see below my painted 1/4 windshield/wind deflector. The monitor does pickup a little ignition interference but I can't notice once I'm moving anyway. This idea came about last winter when I wanted (want to) build a tall storage box/dog crate. Fricken black labs look like polar bears in half a mile in snow!

IMG 01841
IMG 01761
IMG 01781

IMG 01841 IMG 01761 IMG 01781

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Installed a dual rear view camera a few months ago and seems to be holding up, thought I'd share. Just a cheapo from Amazon. I fabbed the bracket to move the monitor fwd as much as possible, much easier to quick glance. I felt the factory Honda mirror was right in my face even when adjusted fwd the maximum. It has infrared too for night. Also I have a front camera mounted low for crawling through stuff I can't see below my painted 1/4 windshield/wind deflector. The monitor does pickup a little ignition interference but I can't notice once I'm moving anyway. This idea came about last winter when I wanted (want to) build a tall storage box/dog crate. Fricken black labs look like polar bears in half a mile in snow!

View attachment 215834View attachment 215835View attachment 215836

View attachment 215834 View attachment 215835 View attachment 215836
Its nice isnt it being able to see directly behind your machine instead looking through roll bars and racks. Iv had mine on for a yr on the 700-4 left it out in the rain ran in the rain and never had a problem so far. Its not a dual but a different brand but cheapo on amazon.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

D

Duckhunt

Its nice isnt it being able to see directly behind your machine instead looking through roll bars and racks. Iv had mine on for a yr on the 700-4 left it out in the rain ran in the rain and never had a problem so far. Its not a dual but a different brand but cheapo on amazon.

That's exactly right. A much broader and cleaner view. But that's why I waited a few months to see if she'd hold, but so far I'm impressed. The front camera is completely unnecessary, but for like $20 extra, what the heck??? lol I forget it's there like 101% I should use it.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's exactly right. A much broader and cleaner view. But that's why I waited a few months to see if she'd hold, but so far I'm impressed. The front camera is completely unnecessary, but for like $20 extra, what the heck??? lol I forget it's there like 101% I should use it.
There is a front cam? That could be fun i thought about getting one of those rear view mirror type dash cams to record my rides with wonder if that could be integrated into your system?

Reactions: Duckhunt
D

Duckhunt

There is a front cam? That could be fun i thought about getting one of those rear view mirror type dash cams to record my rides with wonder if that could be integrated into your system?

This is the one I got. There's no record option or ability, but I'm sure there's a way to splice in. The good thing is it always defaults to a camera so regardless what screen you shut it off at when you restart it powers up on the rear camera.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah i looked at that 1 but i went the cheapo 40 dollar one. Smaller screen but does nicely and is bigger than my rear view one in my duramax lol

L

Lah2420

Dec 31, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I sold my previous truck and had a cheap aftermarket one on it. It is now on the back of the Honda. Makes life much easier than twisting my pudgy carcass around to look behind me when backing up. But I was forced to mount it upside down so the green, yellow, and red lines are at the top of the display. At least I shouldn't back into any low tree limbs if I go by those.

Reactions: Duckhunt
Beez

Beez

Jul 7, 2019
Matyland
...never mind. I see you made something yourself....Any ideas on mounting the monitor to the roll bar? I can't see exactly what's in the picture.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!