P1000 RECALL - Loose Throttle Body - ALL Honda Pioneer 1000 models. 16-18

M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah a person gets "pixxed" on Honda's QC, or lack of! I know Honda is recalling stuff that other UTV brands would not. But for the price we all give for the pioneer 1000-5 dlx. plus adding front bumper, rear bumper, roof, winch, rock sliders, lights, fans, extra back up battey, throttle max, A arm guards.......Then recalls for the heat, clutch, doors, now throttle body connection, and not to mention the plastic guard to stop water from flooding the motor. Also waiting a month to get in to any dealer in Ohio.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also waiting a month to get in to any dealer in Ohio.

I know the feeling. My dealer in Mentor was 3 weeks before they would look at it, then wanted it an additional 3 weeks to fix it.
Next week I will drive it to work, have them drive it to inspect the clutches, order all the parts, and when it comes in, I will drop it off on the way to work and pick it up on the way home.
Ideally I'd like to find a dealer that is willing to hand the parts to me and let me do it myself. I wouldn't even care if they charged Honda the warranty time. I just don't care for the service department at all.

M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your right Neohio
My machine is located in southern Ohio, the closest dealer is Rarden, Ohio. They are backed up about a month. Maysville Ky. Honda closed up shop, so Honda dealers are far and few between.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ideally I'd like to find a dealer that is willing to hand the parts to me and let me do it myself. I wouldn't even care if they charged Honda the warranty time. I just don't care for the service department at all.

One time I had a warranty issue on my ram 3500 (needed a new airbox, $400 part). And after a few phone calls and emails I finally convinced them to just mail me the airbox. I had to explain to them how i didnt trust the only ram dealer within an hours drive from my house with specific examples of terrible work they had done for me in the past. But in the end, a new airbox showed up on my doorstep.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wrong wording... this dealer was an hour drive. The next closest was about 2 hours. Took a little convincing, but the conversations were actually rather tame and professional. I didn't like that all I needed was a lid but they had to send me the whole airbox assembly, but that is expected (just seems like a waste). All in all, over the last 12 years, I couldn't be happier with ram/Cummins trucks.

J

JTW

I own several. Freakinfantastic firearms. My P229 in .357 sig has thousands and thousands of rounds thru it. Not one jam, or miss-feed. If you've had an issue with a Sig Sauer.. you are the minority.
They recently had a recall was the point of his comment.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I own several. Freakinfantastic firearms. My P229 in .357 sig has thousands and thousands of rounds thru it. Not one jam, or miss-feed. If you've had an issue with a Sig Sauer.. you are the minority.
Sig has had to recall one of their pistols (edit to add P320) for firing if dropped (something like that) + 2 of their recipe the released guns have known issues that they had to make design changes after launch and ask to have the initial ones sent in to have semi updated as they can truly not fit the old design. MPX being one and their new compact carry P365 was going to be gamechanging in a lot of ways but has Had reliability issues

Reactions: sharp, BWAF and JTW
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sig has had to recall one of their pistols (edit to add P320) for firing if dropped (something like that) + 2 of their recipe the released guns have known issues that they had to make design changes after launch and ask to have the initial ones sent in to have semi updated as they can truly not fit the old design. MPX being one and their new compact carry P365 was going to be gamechanging in a lot of ways but has Had reliability issues
Damn. Didn’t know that. Why would they rush a product to market & risk messing up a stellar reputation..
Yes. I see the analogy now.

Reactions: sharp, BWAF and JTW
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It was time to service the Beast so I figured I would check to see what all the fuss is about while I was in the vicinity...
755E3190 08F0 42CE B299 264CA06C8C22 51E0BEEB 0BF3 43E0 BF02 5A98CE63A35B 58C4E43E 10C3 45F3 8132 AA9F1A17B473
Everything seemed to be tight and in place. I couldn’t find the problem.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It was time to service the Beast so I figured I would check to see what all the fuss is about while I was in the vicinity...
View attachment 85567 View attachment 85568 View attachment 85569
Everything seemed to be tight and in place. I couldn’t find the problem.

Like you I am scheduled for trips and looked to see what could be wrong with the fuel area. Found one clamp so loose it was hanging. Others a little loose. Other than that the base screws were a 1/2 a turn loose. Glad I looked. This last trip was jumping over sage brush 2 ft high and it would have sucked a lot of dust.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For those of us that don’t want to load up, tie down and transport our machines an hour plus, to than explain to the service writer about a campaign that he has no clue about, to than release our machine to a kid that has less experience than we do with the machine. Just for a 18 min. Inspection. Do we know what they are looking for or at yet? Is it just loose mounting bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn’t have said this better myself! I’m getting all of the campaigns taken care of next week on my 2016. I’m actually nervous to take my machine to the dealership. Usually a bunch of 18-24 year olds, who do not know anything about what they’re doing, except how to wear a terrible flat brimmed hat.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!