P1000 recalls and whatnot

D

Dasmoeturhead

Just brought the Pioneer in to the local shop. Service Manager seemed pretty cool about doing all the updates and recalls. He said about 5 days to get it back. It's not a real large shop, but definitely bigger than a lot of them I've seen before, but he mentioned how big the Pioneer was, so i reckon he'll want it out quick. I hope anyway.
:- )>

D

Dasmoeturhead

Got the Pioneer back this morning. It only cost
$1900.00 . lol
I finally broke down and bought a small 6x14' trailer.
Anyway getting it on an off the trailer it seems to be real smooth. I'm going to take her out , and flog it a bit to make sure everything holds up
Got my fingers crossed. As far as the Tech goes, I think he's a pretty good guy. Im also pleased that I didn't get any flack from anybody in the store. Even though I didn't buy it from them. That's the way it should be, but some places might have put me on a waiting list or something. Anyway it's home, and ready for duty.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$1900.00 . lol
Anyway getting it on an off the trailer it seems to be real smooth. I'm going to take her out , and flog it a bit to make sure everything holds up
Got my fingers crossed. As far as the Tech goes, I think he's a pretty good guy. Im also pleased that I didn't get any flack from anybody in the store. Even though I didn't buy it from them. That's the way it should be, but some places might have put me on a waiting list or something. Anyway it's home, and ready for duty.
glad all appear to have gone well

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
D

Dasmoeturhead

Seems to be ok. It sure does shift smooth now. Not jerky at start either.

Reactions: BigOL3
D

Dasmoeturhead

Do it... accessories and mods don’t matter. Just take it in.
^^^^^ This is exactly right. My clutches never slipped or overheated, but there was some rather harsh shifting and jerky take offs. I can't believe I waited 4 years to do this. It's so nice now that the clutch update is done. It's a whole new machine.

Get it done if you haven't all ready.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$1900.00 . lol
$1900?? I thought the recalls and stuff were all on Honda?

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for the confusion. Recalls and updates of course we're FREE.
Thanx for this post,I’ve gotten all the recalls done except the clutch cover and gas pedal.Like u I don’t like anybody working on my machine s other than myself.After hunting season is over I’m going to get it done.

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
R

rickoshea

i got a recall letter in the mail with my serial # on the top to replace my gas pedal,took it in and they said it was already done in june under that serial # ,but i bought it in late july and the dealer had no record of it being done so they replaced it anyway and fought it out with honda after the fact.weird.

D

Dasmoeturhead

i got a recall letter in the mail with my serial # on the top to replace my gas pedal,took it in and they said it was already done in june under that serial # ,but i bought it in late july and the dealer had no record of it being done so they replaced it anyway and fought it out with honda after the fact.weird.
I thought it was a pin they had to replace, but they changed out the whole pedal assembly (cool). Also the throttle body bands. Instead of tightening to spec, they just replaced with new ones. Shoot, they even adjusted all the shift, and gear cables. I sure like the results.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Thanx for this post,I’ve gotten all the recalls done except the clutch cover and gas pedal.Like u I don’t like anybody working on my machine s other than myself.After hunting season is over I’m going to get it done.
You've got until Sept 2020 to get it done, at least that's What the update said. Good luck hunting.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!