Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Do a 1 piece foil/bubblewrap (Lowes) cover for the seat and seat back.

IMG 20160924 204058931

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As to the heat - I know most people don't want to hear or accept this but your choice of windshield will play a huge roll in how hot the cab will feel in warmer months. In summer I run a Bug buster net windshield in the late fall thru early spring I run the Super ATV flip up. When I am running the Super ATV I pretty much run it up unless it is really cold. If it is slightly warm and I am riding along and close the windshield and almost instantly I feel the heat rise due to the negative pressure the windshield causes. Maybe the ones with vents defeat that negative pressure. other than adding heat shield I recommend running as little of a windshield as possible.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As to the heat - I know most people don't want to hear or accept this but your choice of windshield will play a huge roll in how hot the cab will feel in warmer months. In summer I run a Bug buster net windshield in the late fall thru early spring I run the Super ATV flip up. When I am running the Super ATV I pretty much run it up unless it is really cold. If it is slightly warm and I am riding along and close the windshield and almost instantly I feel the heat rise due to the negative pressure the windshield causes. Maybe the ones with vents defeat that negative pressure. other than adding heat shield I recommend running as little of a windshield as possible.
I can take the heat but not to the point it burns my ass. literly!!!!!!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I will be using the Honda dealer here in Prescott for my work. Did not care for Ride Now
It's a 35 minute one way to my dealer, I'm a plumber, I can screw anything up, why pay some one else to screw it up! HA!

Reactions: Mudwing
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 130392

View attachment 130392

I just did this after only having the fans. Even with the fans it still got hot. I forgot to turn the fans bbn on once at the Takeover and it was just horrible.

Now with the sheilding and the fans, it is like it should have been from the factory.

I did an exhaust fan similar to the DEI that pulls hot air out, and another fan that draws from the cab foot area.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I take it the "heat kit" doesn't work that well?
I will be using the Honda dealer here in Prescott for my work. Did not care for Ride Now
Sounds good. As long as they don't have a goofy name...like fairy fields...or Star Island ;) .
I agree: The need for Home improvement store parts on a 20k machine is unacceptable.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I take it the "heat kit" doesn't work that well?

Sounds good. As long as they don't have a goofy name...like fairy fields...or Star Island ;) .
I agree: The need for Home improvement store parts on a 20k machine is unacceptable.
you can trust your car to the man who wears the star. I hope! I here good things, not a lot of choice.

Reactions: DG Rider
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going back in the shop today!!! To be continued!!!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
you can trust your car to the man who wears the star. I hope! I here good things, not a lot of choice.
They left my exhaust pipe not quite seated on my 700. In their defense, service manual doesn't do a good job for showing how it goes.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They left my exhaust pipe not quite seated on my 700. In their defense, service manual doesn't do a good job for showing how it goes.
I have never had a problem with them over the years. Our boys raced AMA motorcross and went to Loretta Lynn and they were always spot on

Reactions: DG Rider
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I went to Walmart and bought a 15.00 automobile windshield shade and cut it to fit. It made a huge difference.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ouch! You just increased my pucker factor a bit. Tomorrow is my 100 mile first service. Baby is taking its first steps, I should be there. No wait I'm not going to be that parent!

Reactions: Mudwing
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today got all of my insulation installed.
Fiberglass and Self-Adhesive Backing Heat Barrier 36"x 39" (10 Sq. Ft)
Bulkhead behind our legs, Mid panel between seat and back. and seat back. Waiting for Atwood Turbo 4000 II bilge fan and Heat mat for between seat and engine. Also Samsung split system AC:eek::rolleyes:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!