Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had all the recalls done finally - Here is my take on it

Clutch - Great Improvement

Muffler - Great Improvement

Throttle - Great Improvement

Heat Shield - Burn my Ass - I think it should be called ass burner! I guess we need to change that

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Heat Shield - Burn my Ass - I think it should be called ass burner! I guess we need to change that
Add a fan under the seat and that will a LOT with the heat under the seat.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

You outa come out with a fan kit for the heat issue, not complete automatic because the heat is nice in the winter, maybe a three way toggle, manual, auto and off! I'm going to take all the heat shielding off under the seat this fall. Was reading some where on the forums about an ECU getting to hot and freaking the P1 out, mine freaks out every once in awhile, no codes and smell gas if I'm running hard and shut it off and forget to turn the fan on, think it just gets too hot

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You outa come out with a fan kit for the heat issue, not complete automatic because the heat is nice in the winter, maybe a three way toggle, manual, auto and off! I'm going to take all the heat shielding off under the seat this fall. Was reading some where on the forums about an ECU getting to hot and freaking the P1 out, mine freaks out every once in awhile, no codes and smell gas if I'm running hard and shut it off and forget to turn the fan on, think it just gets too hot

Smitty could you explain "Gas Smell" a bit more? What you think the cause is and the potential affect from it. The reason that I ask is while out riding my new machine the other day I noticed a gas odor several times and just thought it was a wind change and exhaust blowing back in the cab. Temp never went over 2 bars, fan ran normal. Thanks

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We will be defiantly be looking at this! We also are working on the bed rattle

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IN AZ we don't need the extra heat and When I am out riding and my butt is bright red(burnt) from the heat shield there is a problem!

I did it for like $50 so I'm sure you could make a nicer kit your cost $100 and sell it for whatever and people would pay it. My kids said it was night a day difference in the back seats. You could make it so it pushes and pulls add some drill out vents in the floors/sides that would make it so it would also work as a heater the only thing that I could see is that you may need the fan to turn slower in heater mode. (Just friendly advice)

I'm sure you have seen this but this thread has all the info needed to do it. (I think the hardest part would be making a bracket to install the fan if you were going to make it really nice but a few zip-ties will do the job just fine)

P1000 - Tried and true cab heat fixes-2018

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pics or it didn’t happen!
ThidOIPyncaCnyCj7sTaPL8D24yJwAAAAw226h174c7o5pid1

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3

I have a 2016 EPS. If I take it to the dealer will they do all of those on request? What difference did the trans mod make?

Thanks!

Reactions: Plumber32
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 2016 EPS. If I take it to the dealer will they do all of those on request? What difference did the trans mod make?

Thanks!
Yes the dealer should do all on request. The clutch may take some time to get the parts ,but if you have a good dealer you should have no problems.
The trans update is a must. Dont think we have had any clutch failures after the update.
The peddle and muffler sheild is a saftey issue.
The heat sheild does help bit if you search around the site most have had the Honda fix and kept or added more cooling options.
The fan ECU update doesn't cover the 16 models.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks!
The trans made a huge difference , sorry forgot to put that one, I called our dealer they ordered all the recall parts and then my 1000 was in and out in 1 day.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Smitty could you explain "Gas Smell" a bit more? What you think the cause is and the potential affect from it. The reason that I ask is while out riding my new machine the other day I noticed a gas odor several times and just thought it was a wind change and exhaust blowing back in the cab. Temp never went over 2 bars, fan ran normal. Thanks
I think when the gas tank gets hot it lets vapors out of the vent line and I haven't extended my vent line, yet

Reactions: Landman
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Yes the dealer should do all on request. The clutch may take some time to get the parts ,but if you have a good dealer you should have no problems.
The trans update is a must. Dont think we have had any clutch failures after the update.
The peddle and muffler sheild is a saftey issue.
The heat sheild does help bit if you search around the site most have had the Honda fix and kept or added more cooling options.
The fan ECU update doesn't cover the 16 models.

The muffler shield was done by the previous owner. I installed a windshield shade under the seat and made a huge difference and was a cheap fix. I also have a fan I'm thinking about installing as well. I called the dealer today and they said they will be getting back with me for an appointment time.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well called the dealer today and the Honda is going back in the shop. I told them Burning my ass I feel is a problem. They want it ASAP they said. Hmmmm what did they forget????
RB3 What year is your 1000-5? And could you post what the dealer comes up with regarding the seat heat? I suffer the same thing on my 2019. Getting ready to put firewall insulation on the engine bulk head for the backs of our legs inside of the engine compartment. more insulation under the seat. And a Walmart $40 bilge fan on a 22k machine. Is your dealer one of the Ride Now Sports?

Reactions: Plumber32
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RB3 What year is your 1000-5? And could you post what the dealer comes up with regarding the seat heat? I suffer the same thing on my 2019. Getting ready to put firewall insulation on the engine bulk head for the backs of our legs inside of the engine compartment. more insulation under the seat. And a Walmart $40 bilge fan on a 22k machine. Is your dealer one of the Ride Now Sports?
Yes its ridenow, I will let you know as soon as I take it there this week. 2017 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!