P500 Receiver hitch help...

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Forgive me for asking if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I bent the rear receiver hitch today hauling a kill out... does that affect the rear diff any? Do I need to bend it back or leave it be? Don’t want to bend it back if it’s not a concern... thanks...

28A4218B 4143 4261 9FA8 27AB156BBC8D

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
It looks like the rear end stopped the bend from going further. If it was me, I’d run it. I don’t think it hurt anything. Keep your ears open to a change in sound from the rear. If you bend it back then you might want to think about welding reinforcements because you weakened the metal.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
It looks like the rear end stopped the bend from going further. If it was me, I’d run it. I don’t think it hurt anything. Keep your ears open to a change in sound from the rear. If you bend it back then you might want to think about welding reinforcements because you weakened the metal.
It didn’t change sounds still the fast shh shh shh I’ve always heard from back there...and I would rather not bend it back unless I had to for that reason...just install the moose reciever... just wanted some you guys opinions on it appreciate the input.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Forgive me for asking if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I bent the rear receiver hitch today hauling a kill out... does that affect the rear diff any? Do I need to bend it back or leave it be? Don’t want to bend it back if it’s not a concern... thanks...

View attachment 96102
It’s possible that there’s untoward pressure on the rear diff housing now. And you lost a 1/2” of clearance back there lol. That’s a very big hog you took!!!

Reactions: Kracker
Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
It’s possible that there’s untoward pressure on the rear diff housing now. And you lost a 1/2” of clearance back there lol. That’s a very big hog you took!!!
Thanks I usually don’t mess up my deer hunts with them nasty boards but there were some rutting tearing crap up scaring my deer off so I took him and a few sows out... yeh I was just a lil concerned about the rear diff but from head and looking around shouldn’t be a problem... Hope not she’s still new with barely 300 hunting miles so far

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, now I know that the rear receiver can hold a LOT of tongue weight. That's pretty impressive, especially considering the leverage that load put on the the receiver, hanging out back that far. Any idea how much that hog weighed?

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks I usually don’t mess up my deer hunts with them nasty boards but there were some rutting tearing crap up scaring my deer off so I took him and a few sows out... yeh I was just a lil concerned about the rear diff but from head and looking around shouldn’t be a problem... Hope not she’s still new with barely 300 hunting miles so far
Maybe next time drag him instead of loading the weight on the rear of your ride.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Off road trailer time??? Looks so heavy, especially on a bump. Amazing it carried it without front end getting goosey. Awesome pic, proof it did happen. LOL. Would say the hitch exceeded expectations as it only bent so little.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthwestORV
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I don’t think I would loose any sleep over the bend. I don’t use one of those hitch baskets on my p5 but if I did I think I would run a couple ratchet straps from the back corners of the basket to the back rack to help support the weight.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
No.....now you know that it can’t! Did you see the picture, and what it did to that frame???
Yes! I simply meant that with that kind of load on the tongue (animal plus heavy basket) plus cantilevered out back like that putting more leverage/force on it, I'm surprised it only bent the frame that much.

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, now I know that the rear receiver can hold a LOT of tongue weight. That's pretty impressive, especially considering the leverage that load put on the the receiver, hanging out back that far. Any idea how much that hog weighed?
He was over 300 is all I know... if I had to guess round 350... but not sure here a perspective pic with the young one for size

94AFFA58 3256 40A1 ACB1 CA9CBAADF93F

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!