Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'd recommend a minimum of a 4500 for the P1k. 3500 would be fine, but just for peace of mind...4500. I can get you a discount on ours if you're interested.

Cheers!
beer-charlies-angels.gif
I like them wenches! 🥰🥳

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you can keep your stock brush guard, but my experience is with a P1K1000-LE.
I bought a KFI mount, which is inverted to have the cable spool over the top. Inverted reduces the angle through the fairlead rollers to reduce wear on the wire/rope. The fairlead bolts through the brush guard to a backplate that comes with the mount.

It was very easy to install, did it all solo, and I didn't have any trouble putting the brushguard back on myself. There are stories on other threads where people struggled to get the brush guards back on.

View attachment 298956
This is it. The fairlead bolted onto the stock brushguard and you can easily reach the freewheel release around the left side. You can also see the snowplow mount underneath. Most of my use has been to lift the plow, but I've recovered a stuck SxS and it was good to have the 4,500# pull. We anchored my machine and dragged a razor up hill. (Eternal truth: Honda tows Polaris).

I found the link to the mount and it looks like this will cover you. It was very easy to install.

i have the 1000-5 delux, so its a different brush gaurd than the LE. But it has the square cut out at the bottom like yours, so it should work the same, correct?

Reactions: Lady01
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i have the 1000-5 delux, so its a different brush gaurd than the LE. But it has the square cut out at the bottom like yours, so it should work the same, correct?

View attachment 299014
Yes, that's the square cut that I had. KFI lists your Deluxe as a fit.
KFI also has a specific list of 50+ compatible winches with this mount, but also states:
  • Possibly many others with the below standard mounting patterns, call to confirm.
    • 4-Hole (3.00" x 4.875" bolt pattern with rollers that are 4.875" bolt pattern)
    • 4-Hole WIDE (3.00" x 6.60" bolt pattern with rollers that are 6.600" or 6.000" bolt pattern)
    • 2-Hole (3.10" with rollers that are 4.875" bolt pattern)
The fairlead and brush guard backplate aren't the issue with this part, it's whether the winch base will fit the KFI mount.
Gives you a lot of options and they say to call if you have a specific question.

I didn't explain before, but my first SxS was a Teryx 4 that I had for 6 years. I had a Superwinch Terra 35 on a KFI mount and it worked great - both the mount and the winch.

Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd recommend a minimum of a 4500 for the P1k. 3500 would be fine, but just for peace of mind...4500. I can get you a discount on ours if you're interested.

Cheers!
beer-charlies-angels.gif
Are these the actual wEnches or is this one of them underhanded sales tactics?

• Haha
Reactions: Rick53 and SuperATV
DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Cheers!

Cheers!

Cheers!
beer-charlies-angels.gif
What brand is it, because I’m in the middle of doing my research on all the different brands and types

Reactions: SuperATV
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I opted for a SATV 6000#. That thing will pull the Pioneer up a tree! Comes in handy when you get to your deer stand in the morning and don't feel like climbing. 🤣🤣🤣 On a serious note, I have always been told you should get a winch with a minimum pull of twice the rigs weight, triple if possible. The reasoning in this I guess is because the more wraps on the spool, the weaker the pull. Also, those mud holes tend to turn into rare earth magnets and hold on tight.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dear SuperATV,

I'll take that wench (and all your CF Moto axles and Kubota windshields too). Just send me the invoice, I don't care how much it is!

Oh wait, I just noticed the part in her hair . . . she's not a natural blond, is she? Deals off. That is, unless you offer some sort of satisfaction guarantee, with no hassle free returns. :)

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dear SuperATV,

I'll take that wench (and all your CF Moto axles and Kubota windshields too). Just send me the invoice, I don't care how much it is!

Oh wait, I just noticed the part in her hair . . . she's not a natural blond, is she? Deals off. That is, unless you offer some sort of satisfaction guarantee, with no hassle free returns. :)
Dear @SuperATV ,

I don’t care what color her hair is, they all look alike in the dark, just don’t send none of them slim line wenches.

W

Walterr

May 26, 2021
Orem, UT
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bought a cheap harbor freight open box special winch and then the official winch mount kit from the local Honda dealer because I was in a hurry. None of the mounting bolts matched, none of the wiring matched. Gave up and went back to the dealer for the much bigger Warn that they also had in stock. Everything matched. Install was easy once I beat a dent out of the brush guard so I could put it back on!

The winch has pulled me out several times effortlessly. The only time it failed I was stuck deep in lots of mud and stupidly had the Pioneer in reverse while trying to pull it forward. The battery voltage dropped and killed the engine. Once my wife pointed to the shifter, I restarted the engine, put it in neutral, and pulled it out just fine! I've been glad I had the bigger nicer winch.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought a cheap harbor freight open box special winch and then the official winch mount kit from the local Honda dealer because I was in a hurry. None of the mounting bolts matched, none of the wiring matched. Gave up and went back to the dealer for the much bigger Warn that they also had in stock. Everything matched. Install was easy once I beat a dent out of the brush guard so I could put it back on!

The winch has pulled me out several times effortlessly. The only time it failed I was stuck deep in lots of mud and stupidly had the Pioneer in reverse while trying to pull it forward. The battery voltage dropped and killed the engine. Once my wife pointed to the shifter, I restarted the engine, put it in neutral, and pulled it out just fine! I've been glad I had the bigger nicer winch.

If you don't mind me asking, how "bigger" is it?

Honda is including the Warn VRX 45 (4,500 lb) winch on the 1000 SE model, though they save $80 (retail) by not going with synthetic line. As delivered, you cannot easily reach the clutch release (I cut out a have circle of the plastic side fairing to be able to reach this conveniently), then added a $20 wireless controller from Amazon (I previously posted details).

W

Walterr

May 26, 2021
Orem, UT
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't remember off the top of my head and keep forgetting to look when I'm at home.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!