• Thread starter Matthendrickson
  • Start date
Matthendrickson

Matthendrickson

Jan 17, 2021
West palm beach
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK so I’m trying to register my side-by-side so I can drive it on the street and I heard that Osceola county in Florida is where I need to go for my registration?? Anybody have any other ways of registering your side-by-side in South Florida for the street without using dirtlegal.com????

Reactions: Montecresto
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
You can't legally tag a sxs in Florida. If you can get it titled elsewhere as a motorcycle, you can worm through a administrative loophole and tag it. That's what I did. The easiest way to get a tag is to go the South Dakota route. You don't have to go through Dirt Legal to do it.

Matthendrickson

Matthendrickson

Jan 17, 2021
West palm beach
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can't legally tag a sxs in Florida. If you can get it titled elsewhere as a motorcycle, you can worm through a administrative loophole and tag it. That's what I did. The easiest way to get a tag is to go the South Dakota route. You don't have to go through Dirt Legal to do it.
Ok so you got my attention! More info please....

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Here are the forms:

Low Speed and Off Road Vehicle Affidavit

Motor Vehicle and Boat Title Application

You will also need to include a copy of the bill of sale showing where you paid sales tax, and the vehicle title, not a copy.

There might be one more form, I'll double check tomorrow (if I can remember). Been absolutely swamped at work. Forms must be mailed.

I sent mine to:

Clay County Treasurer's Office
211 West Main Street #201
Vermillion, South Dakota, 57069

Phone 605-677-7123

If you have questions, call them. They were very helpful.

Matthendrickson

Matthendrickson

Jan 17, 2021
West palm beach
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are the forms:

You will also need to include a copy of the bill of sale showing where you paid sales tax, and the vehicle title, not a copy.

There might be one more form, I'll double check tomorrow (if I can remember). Been absolutely swamped at work. Forms must be mailed.

I sent mine to:

Phone 605-677-7123

Thanks a lot for all the info you can give me so far and I appreciate you check to see if there’s one more form. Do you remember the total cost and what blinker kit do you recommend…?

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Thanks a lot for all the info you can give me so far and I appreciate you check to see if there’s one more form. Do you remember the total cost and what blinker kit do you recommend…?

I was swamped again today. My main counter sales guys is out and I'm having to pull double duty. I think the cost was about 140.00, and I'm fabbing my own turn signal kit. It's actually pretty simple.

advertisement
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are the forms:

I sent mine to:

Phone 605-677-7123

This is the way!

Simply pick up the phone and call them. They’ll walk you through the process.

I don’t believe the low speed form is necessary…at least us in staters don’t use it.

Legally I can drive any road in SD with exception of the interstates. Not uncommon to be cruising down a state highway and seeing a SXS on the same road.

Matthendrickson

Matthendrickson

Jan 17, 2021
West palm beach
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, keep calling.
Called nice lady Rebecca’s taking care of me thanks again buddy PS as I was on the phone rzr pulled right out of my neighborhood With it with a Dakota license plate I was in my work truck that’s GPS I was about to chase him down and I went inside started up my Honda pioneer and drove around the neighborhood for like three hours hoping he’ll come back lol

Reactions: russknight
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My SD plate arrived yesterday. $74.92. Dirt legal charges $500.00 to do the same thing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!