P500 Relay buzzing issue

32lakes

32lakes

Jun 5, 2017
Star Valley, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R LV
2017 P500 with one of the blue relays in battery/fuse box that just buzzes sporadically. Engine off you can walk out to it and hear the relay buzzing constantly or it will be on/off buzzing/energizing. I pulled the one that was buzzing and swapped with one of the others. No change. It cranks and runs fine. No other issues but that one relay constantly being energized. Ive looked and looked and cant seem to find what relay do what and what positions they are in when attached within battery box. Im thinking it might be fuel pump relay position but not 100% sure. Anyone else run into this issue?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
2017 P500 with one of the blue relays in battery/fuse box that just buzzes sporadically. Engine off you can walk out to it and hear the relay buzzing constantly or it will be on/off buzzing/energizing. I pulled the one that was buzzing and swapped with one of the others. No change. It cranks and runs fine. No other issues but that one relay constantly being energized. Ive looked and looked and cant seem to find what relay do what and what positions they are in when attached within battery box. Im thinking it might be fuel pump relay position but not 100% sure. Anyone else run into this issue?
I don't have a clue, hopefully some one will be along that can help.

Reactions: Smittyp
32lakes

32lakes

Jun 5, 2017
Star Valley, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R LV
I don't have a clue, hopefully some one will be along that can help.
Well i went back outside and took another look. No key in the ignition/Not running and I turn the headlight switch to off position and it quits buzzing. Turn the switch back to the on position and the buzzing returns. I guess ill just keep it in the off position until I crank it. Then turn my headlights back on.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well i went back outside and took another look. No key in the ignition/Not running and I turn the headlight switch to off position and it quits buzzing. Turn the switch back to the on position and the buzzing returns. I guess ill just keep it in the off position until I crank it. Then turn my headlights back on.
My plumber guess would be bad ignition switch not turning off the key on part of the ignition. DO NOT run out and buy a ignition switch on my plumber guess, an expert will be along in due time.

32lakes

32lakes

Jun 5, 2017
Star Valley, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R LV
My plumber guess would be bad ignition switch not turning off the key on part of the ignition. DO NOT run out and buy a ignition switch on my plumber guess, an expert will be along in due time.
Yeah id say that is a good guess... I may shoot some contact cleaner down it tomorrow and see what happens. That is until someone else chimes in and verifies your good guess. Thanks

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
I’m no expert either but I’d start at the ignition switch too

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah id say that is a good guess... I may shoot some contact cleaner down it tomorrow and see what happens. That is until someone else chimes in and verifies your good guess. Thanks
If you try that, I would disconnect the battery first and let it dry out for a few hours before reconnecting the battery, I'm a plumber, so I only know a couple things.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!