BOX1

P500 Puzzling shift issue

Cowboysnhorses

Cowboysnhorses

Mar 18, 2018
Houston, Tx
Ownership

1. 500
We have a 2015 P500 which has a strange shifting problem. Like many others, it began as a no-shift situation. Upon getting it back home by manual shift, we ordered and replaced the electric shift motor. This made no change, even with attempting to adjust the clutch.

Then we replaced the electric shift sensor. In order to reach the sensor better I jacked up the front end about 16” and put on jack stands, climbed underneath and changed the sensor. (Probably not the easiest but hey, it’s done.) I did not let the machine back down and we went back to attempting to get it to manually shift through the gears- it worked. We then turned the key and adjusted the clutch so that it would shift with the paddles through all the gears.

Here is where it gets STRANGE:
We removed the jack stands and put the machine back level. NO SHIFT. Not electronic shift, not manual shift, none. Raised the front back up and it shifts!

My son said we can only go uphill.......

Suggestions? I am all out of brain cells on this one.

Reactions: Mudder
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
2015 S ONLY SHIFT WITH THE PADDLES

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!