P500 replacing battery

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
My 2017 OEM battery seems about ready to give it up. Sort of dragging on the cold cranking. There are all sort of battery choices out there I can even get an OEM battery from Wal Mart. Any suggestions on what to get, not get etc. ? I live in Arkansas so no terrible cold cranking is expected but for certain hot weather starts.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
You can't go wrong with the OEM Yuasa battery. Part# GYZ16H. I have used that brand for many years in motorcycles and ATVS with no problems.
The original one in my 2016 P500 is still working fine. 👍 We get some serious heat here in Oklahoma too.

Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
You can't go wrong with the OEM Yuasa battery. Part# GYZ16H. I have used that brand for many years in motorcycles and ATVS with no problems.
The original one in my 2016 P500 is still working fine. 👍 We get some serious heat here in Oklahoma too.
And the OEM is an AGM battery, AGM is much better quality. I accidentally left on some accent LED lights for a few days, so after 5 years with the still strong OEM, without question I replaced it with the original YUASA AGM battery. With proper care, should get 6 to 8 years or more from the OEM AGM battery.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Agreed. A lot of times on various things you can do better than OEM but these batteries are real reliable. Mine's a 15....

H

HondaTech

Better have it checked first, I've seen some 500 starters go bad that act like bad batteries.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!