P1000 Replacing color paneling on 2022 model

Skyking747

Skyking747

May 6, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have preordered a honda pioneer 1000 EPS model in red. Red is not my favorite color and in fact is one of my least favorite colors... haha! What are others doing to replace colors they do not want? I saw some plasti-dip... ? On the EPS model it is just going to be the hood and front panel from the looks of it. The rest is all black which I intend to make the hood... more of a matte black. Just curious what others have done as a somewhat long term solution for covering up a color they do not want. I intend to use this on trails in where there will more likely be brush, so I would prefer something that doesnt just scratch/peel off after a use.

Thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: Lady01 and toddvdh
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The photos show what I did about that isssue.

2021HondaPioneer2 2021HondaPioneer1 2021 Honda Pioneeer 1000 LE Yelow2 2021 Honda Pioneeer 1000 LE Yelow4

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Well, I could tell you all about my superior knowledge that enabled me to find the panels for a few dollars on some obscure amazon.com account and attach them to my base model Pioneer with great skill . . . but that would all be lies.

The truth is I exchanged several emails with the cute young female service writer at my Honda dealer, trailered the buggy to them. and handed over my credit card when they finished the job.

I didn't care much for red either so I'm very pleased with the result but I don't have a clue how the door panels were installed. i think the tech simply marked the doors and bed sides, drilled holes, inserted plastic nuts, and installed the mounting screws.

IMG 0005 IMG 0012 IMG 0013 IMG 0014 IMG 0015 IMG 0017 IMG 0019

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have preordered a honda pioneer 1000 EPS model in red. Red is not my favorite color and in fact is one of my least favorite colors... haha! What are others doing to replace colors they do not want? I saw some plasti-dip... ? On the EPS model it is just going to be the hood and front panel from the looks of it. The rest is all black which I intend to make the hood... more of a matte black. Just curious what others have done as a somewhat long term solution for covering up a color they do not want. I intend to use this on trails in where there will more likely be brush, so I would prefer something that doesnt just scratch/peel off after a use.

Thank you!
following

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The truth is I exchanged several emails with the cute young female service writer at my Honda dealer, trailered the buggy to them. and handed over my credit card when they finished the job.

And you didn't include a picture of this cute young female service writer??

Shame on you!

Pictures, or she's not cute!
Oh, a phone number may be helpful too.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put on Mossy Oak vinyl over my red. (It is a bit slower now but that may be the tracks)

View attachment 331282

No, it's likely the color. Red is basically insecure and doubtless needs therapy since you covered it with camo. Double blind studies find red is actually the slowest color with or without tracks. The reason for this has finally been isolated and earmarked for further study, as soon as funded is arranged by Fauci for the Wuhan Lab. Seems red is insecure and lacks self-confidence. Thus it repeatedly slows down, even stops sometimes, to brag and tell anything that will listen, trees, rocks, whatever, just how fast and speedy it is.

Camo is the new fastest!

Skyking747

Skyking747

May 6, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, I could tell you all about my superior knowledge that enabled me to find the panels for a few dollars on some obscure amazon.com account and attach them to my base model Pioneer with great skill . . . but that would all be lies.

I didn't care much for red either so I'm very pleased with the result but I don't have a clue how the door panels were installed. i think the tech simply marked the doors and bed sides, drilled holes, inserted plastic nuts, and installed the mounting screws.

View attachment 331229 View attachment 331230 View attachment 331231 View attachment 331232 View attachment 331233 View attachment 331234 View attachment 331235
Looks good nice you were able to do it that way. I would really like to be able to find some black panels I can attach and replace, otherewise maybe a vinyl i can attach and place over the red.

advertisement
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My wife doesn't share our interest in cute young women. She's always with me when we take the buggy to the dealership.
Looks good nice you were able to do it that way. I would really like to be able to find some black panels I can attach and replace, otherewise maybe a vinyl i can attach and place over the red.
If you want oem Honda color panels your choices are limited to colors Honda has used. I don't recall ever seeing a photo of a Honda Pioneer with black color panels.

I think vinyl wrap will be your best bet. Vinyl wrap might be less expensive than replacing or adding color panels as I did.

Reactions: ChadD
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just have to do a little searching for "Panel color Change". There has been quite a few guys that have done it over the years. I (actually my wife) changed our brand new yellow to the metallic silver. The panels have gone up in price over the years, but can still be had pretty reasonable if you are not looking at the LE color patterns.

Resized 20190309 113724 8741 20190327 170249

Reactions: HBarlow and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
And you didn't include a picture of this cute young female service writer??

Shame on you!

Pictures, or she's not cute!
Oh, a phone number may be helpful too.
My wife doesn't share my appreciation for attractive young women so a photo might have been awkward.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife doesn't share our interest in cute young women. She's always with me when we take the buggy to the dealership.

If you want oem Honda color panels your choices are limited to colors Honda has used. I don't recall ever seeing a photo of a Honda Pioneer with black color panels.

I think vinyl wrap will be your best bet. Vinyl wrap might be less expensive than replacing or adding color panels as I did.
Actually I just checked and it does look like they made a Black 3 seater in 2020.

As far as the cute young service writer, from our conversations before it sounds like you have found a very good service department that even takes care of odd ball requests (door mirrors). So cute or not, people need to do whatever they can to keep them around and in turn you will keep coming back to them. The install pics of the panels and mirrors was good enough for me.

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I didn't remember seeing the black one but that photo says black color panels should be available.

Your statements about my dealer are on the money and I do faithfully support them. They're 150 miles from home but they had the Pioneer when I was looking and installed the Honda cab accessories and the street legal lighting kit when I bought it.

They've been able and willing to do all the mods and "odd ball" installations I've requested as well as all the service at fair prices. Not cheap, but fair. I'm unable to do my own work anymore so I trailer my buggy to them every time I want something.

The service manager is a good guy and the service writer, as well as being cute, is bright and good at her job. She's actually a better service writer than many men I've encountered over the years.

Lemon & Barrett's Powersports - New & Used Powersports Vehicles Sales, Service, and Parts in Mineral Wells, WV, near Davisville and Rockport

Reactions: Lady01 and tjoreo
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't remember seeing the black one but that photo says black color panels should be available.

Your statements about my dealer are on the money and I do faithfully support them. They're 150 miles from home but they had the Pioneer when I was looking and installed the Honda cab accessories and the street legal lighting kit when I bought it.

They've been able and willing to do all the mods and "odd ball" installations I've requested as well as all the service at fair prices. Not cheap, but fair. I'm unable to do my own work anymore so I trailer my buggy to them every time I want something.

The service manager is a good guy and the service writer, as well as being cute, is bright and good at her job. She's actually a better service writer than many men I've encountered over the years.

Lemon & Barrett's Powersports - New & Used Powersports Vehicles Sales, Service, and Parts in Mineral Wells, WV, near Davisville and Rockport
I know you have taken very care of them and as them to you. I'm am pretty fortunate myself that I have a smaller family style dealer that has done great in my book. Granted we are driving a Honda, so like most, they don't spend much time in the shop, but it is really nice to find a good dealer. Even if its 150 miles away. I work with a guy who's son is the service writer for our local Polaris dealer. He said they have had some pretty shiny gals work in the parts and service end, but they don't stay around long enough to get pictures because they can't stand the heat of working on a Polaris. Sounds like there is never a dull moment around there and they are always swamped. Have a good day my friend.

Reactions: HBarlow
D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Since the hood and grill looks different on the 2022, aren't you stuck with either recoloring or buying 2022 parts? I think just buying a 2022 Deluxe "Gray Resin" hood would look great with a red grill. The grey hood would look good with the blue grill as well, I think.

Reactions: Lady01
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could be right on them being different. Looking at the parts fiche for the 2022 and my 2018, I BELIEVE?? the hood and fender are the same, but the grill is different. Just another reason I am not a big fan of the new color matched front grill.

Reactions: Lady01
M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to finish converting my 2022 Pioneer 1000-5D from patriot red to adventure green. I've successfully replaced most of the red except for the R&L rear doors. Believe someone at the plant in China burned the manufacturing drawings for the R&L rear doors in adventure green. Availability time for the R rear door keeps slipping; availability for the L rear door shows no hope. Happy to cover in vinyl, but I haven't been able to find a source that matches or even closely matches Honda's adventure green. Even Creative UTV Graphics can't help. Any leads would be appreciated.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looking to finish converting my 2022 Pioneer 1000-5D from patriot red to adventure green. I've successfully replaced most of the red except for the R&L rear doors. Believe someone at the plant in China burned the manufacturing drawings for the R&L rear doors in adventure green. Availability time for the R rear door keeps slipping; availability for the L rear door shows no hope. Happy to cover in vinyl, but I haven't been able to find a source that matches or even closely matches Honda's adventure green. Even Creative UTV Graphics can't help. Any leads would be appreciated.
Need pics!
try color match plastic paint. Will be your best bet

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!